Coventry University Business School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Coventry, United Kingdom|
|Website||Coventry University Business School|
Coventry Business School is a business school located in Coventry, United Kingdom. It is a department of Coventry University and its Faculty of Business and Law. The School offers a number of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in subjects such as economics, marketing, event management and applied management.
Coventry University has a long history of business education and celebrates 50 years of teaching business in 2017. A Faculty of Business was formed in 1987 and the Business School was established in 1990.
The School's home, the historic William Morris building, dates from 1916. Car entrepreneur William Morris bought it in 1923 to produce car engines. Acquired by the university in 1992, the building has been extensively renovated and now includes IT labs, lecture theatres, specialist post-graduate teaching facilities and also houses the biggest academic trading floor in Europe.
Coventry Business School incorporates the following schools:
- School of Economics, Finance and Accounting
- School of Strategy and Leadership
- School of Marketing and Management
The School offers a wider range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes these include MBAs offered in a variety of different subjects. Of note was the launch at The House of Commons in 2015 of The National MBA in Cyber Security, the first degree of its kind and also the first to be supported by a Prime Minister and Leader of HM Opposition. The MBA was the brainchild of Professor Richard Benham ( aka Professor Cyber )who is a visiting Professor at the University.
The School has also been accepted as a member of EFMD (European Foundation of Management Development), one of the prestigious association in the field of management and continue to be an active participant of Association of UK Business Schools. with The School has partnerships with many foreign universities, including Oulu (Finland); Beijing and Guangzhou in China; ESC Clermont, ESC Montpellier and ESC St Etienne in France; and Kraków University of Economics in Poland.
The School is ranked as "Excellent" in the 2015 Eduniversal ranking of business schools with 3 palmes, a rating which indicates an institution's international academic reputation. Coventry Business School is ranked 20th best by the Guardian university guide 2015 and among top 33 best Business Schools by 2012 Sunday Times Good University Guide. Apart from its Business School, Coventry University is share its rank among top 4% universities of the world published by QS World University Rankings 2013/14.
The Coventry Business school has also been accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing and has received EPAS accreditation for its Business Management programmes. The school is also a member of the Association for Events Management Education (AEME) and which helps to provide the opportunity to undertake overseas field trips.
The School is home to the Centre for Business in Society (CIBS), directed by Professor Lyndon Simkin. CIBS aims to deliver high quality applied research, training, consultancy and networking outputs across the cores themes of sustainability, ethical consumption and economic development.The centre hosted the 2009 Play the Game International Conference 'Visions for Sports in time of crisis'. In 2010/11 CIBS launched the journal Sport, Business and Management: an International Journal published by Emerald.
- "Coventry Business School". Coventry University. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "CIM Accredited Study Centres in the Midlands". Chartered Institute of Marketing. Archived from the original on 20 June 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Coventry University". Association of Business Schools. Retrieved 12 July 2013.[dead link]
- "Coventry Business School Trading floor". Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Pergoot, Nick. "List of Members". www.efmd.org. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "About Us". www.coventry.ac.uk. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Eduniversal Business Schools Ranking". Eduniversal. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "University league tables 2016". TheGuardian.com. Guardian Media Group. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "The Times & The Sunday Times". Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "QS World University Rankings 2013-2014". 27 August 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Coventry Business School Overview". Coventry University. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Professor Lyndon Simkin". Coventry University. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Play the Game - Home". www.playthegame.org. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal". Archived from the original on 6 July 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- "Coventry Business School". The Independent. London. 20 December 2008. Retrieved 30 April 2010.[dead link]