|Directed by||G. S. Vijayan|
|Written by||B. Unnikrishnan|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Distributed by||CC Cine Vision|
|August 18, 2000|
Cover Story is a 2000 Indian Malayalam-language revenge action thriller film directed by G. S. Vijayan, written by B. Unnikrishnan and produced by Menaka under the production banner Revathy Kalamandhir. Starring Suresh Gopi and Tabu. The film has soundtrack composed by Sharreth.
Jasmine Khan is a computer engineer, who wears contact lens due to vision problems. She meets her next-door neighbour Chandrashekar, a retired judge with a haunted past. The two become friends. Jasmine meets Vijay, a news reporter and the executive director of True Vision who is on a mission to eliminate corruption through Media Channel. During Christmas, Chandrashekar is killed by a mysterious man, who is seen but not recognized by Jasmine, as she was not wearing contact lenses at that time.
ACP Anand suspects Jasmine as retired DGP R.V. Thampuran was killed in her presence in a shopping mall, but is unable to prove due to Vijay's (Anand's college senior and close friend) interference and lack of evidence. The investigation for the true killer begins where Anand concludes that Vijay is actually the killer. What is Vijay's true motives behind the killings forms the rest of the plot.
- Suresh Gopi as Vijay
- Tabu as Jasmine Khan
- Biju Menon as ACP Anand S.Nair IPS
- Nedumudi Venu as Retd. Judge Chandrashekara Menon
- Siddique as Minister Isaac Thomas, Main Antagonist
- Augustine as Police Officer Sivaraman
- T. P. Madhavan as Retired Head Constable Chandran Nair
- Rizabawa as Retired DGP R.V. Thampuran
- N. F. Varghese as Madhavan, Vijay's father
- Anu Anand as True Vision Reporter Freddy
- P. Sreekumar as Businessman Sachidanandan
- Meghanathan as Police Officer John Varghese
- Shalu Menon as True Vision Reporter
- Ponnamma Babu as Advocate Sitalakshmi
- Yamuna as Vijay's mother
- Joemon Joshy as Appu, Grandson of Chandrashekara Menon
|1||"Ini Maananathum" (F)||K. S. Chitra, Sharreth|
|2||"Ini Maananathum" (M)||M. G. Sreekumar, Sharreth|
|3||"Manjilpookkum"||K. S. Chitra, Sreenivas|
|4||"Yaamangal"||K. S. Chitra, M. G. Sreekumar|
A critic from indiainfo.com wrote that "If you are looking for fiery speeches, action packed fights, innovative camera angles or great music then you can give this film a skip".
- "Bollywood Beauties Who Sizzled in Dance Numbers in Malayalam Films!". 10 August 2016.
- "Cover Story". Revathy Kalamandhir. Archived from the original on 27 October 2017.
- Rajitha (31 March 2001). "Not quite a cover-up!". Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 4 June 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Indiainfo: Malayalam: Movie Review - Cover Story". movies.indiainfo.com. Archived from the original on 11 February 2001. Retrieved 24 September 2022.