David Coverdale and Jimmy Page
|Genres||Hard rock, blues rock, heavy metal|
|Labels||EMI, Geffen (US/Canada)|
|Associated acts||Led Zeppelin, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Page and Plant|
|Website||Led Zeppelin official website|
|Past members||David Coverdale
Their debut album, Coverdale/Page was released on 15 March 1993, reaching No. 4 in the UK and No. 5 on the US Billboard 200 chart. Five singles were released to promote the album: "Pride and Joy", "Shake My Tree", "Take Me for a Little While", "Take a Look at Yourself" and "Over Now".
The album was certified Gold by the RIAA for sales of the LP, CD & Cassette in excess of 500,000 copies and eventually went Platinum. The album also received the official Japanese Sony Music in-house award for sales in excess of 150,000 copies in Japan as well as the EMI in-house sales award for sales in excess of 60,000 copies in the UK.
Prior to the formation of the duo, Page's former Led Zeppelin bandmate Robert Plant had been reluctant to reunite with Page. In interviews at the time, Plant expressed some derision at the guitarist's collaboration with Coverdale, referring to the project as ‘David Cover-version’.
An American arena tour was planned for the summer of 1993, but after sluggish ticket sales the tour was scrapped in favour of a series of concerts in Japan, after which the partnership was dissolved. Page subsequently teamed up with Plant for an "UnLedded" MTV project and Coverdale returned to Whitesnake.
- David Coverdale - lead vocals, acoustic guitar
- Jimmy Page - electric and acoustic guitars, bass, harmonica, dulcimer, backing vocals
- Jorge Casas - bass on all tracks except on 7 and 10
- Denny Carmassi - drums, percussion also on "Take For A Little While" and "Pride And Joy" (videos)
- Lester Mendez - keyboards, percussion
- Ricky Phillips - bass on traks 7 and 10 (album) also on "Pride And Joy" (video)
- John Harris - acoustic harmonica on "Pride And Joy"
- Tommy Funderburk - backing vocals
- John Sambataro - backing vocals
- Denny Carmassi - drums, percussion
- Guy Pratt - bass, backing vocals
- Brett Tuggle - keyboards, piano, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Mark "Snake" Luckhurst - bass, "Take For A Little While" (video)
|1993||"Pride and Joy"||U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||1||UK Singles Chart||-|
|1993||"Shake My Tree"||U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||3||UK Singles Chart||-|
|1993||"Take Me for a Little While"||U.S Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||15||UK Singles Chart||29|
|1993||"Over Now"||U.S. Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||24||UK Singles Chart||-|
|1993||"Take a Look at Yourself"||U.S Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||-||UK Singles Chart||43|
- "Coverdale Page Coverdale Page USA AWARD DISC (406281)". Eil.com. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- Prato, Greg. "Coverdale/Page Biography". Yahoo. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- "Coverdale Page Coverdale Page Japan AWARD DISC (406354)". Eil.com. 2007-06-20. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- "Coverdale Page Coverdale Page UK IN-HOUSE AWARD DISC (406343)". Eil.com. 2007-06-20. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- Prato, Greg. "Coverdale/Page". Vh1. Retrieved 2009-06-27.
- "David Coverdale Hopes to End Fight With Robert Plant". Michael Gallucci. 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- Led-Zeppelin.org. "Led Zeppelin Assorted Info". Archived from the original on 16 February 2012.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles and Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 124. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.