|Fate||Acquired by Synopsys|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Andreas Kuehlmann (SVP & GM)|
|Products||Coverity Code Advisor, Coverity Code Advisor on Demand, Coverity Scan, Coverity Test Advisor, Seeker|
Number of employees
Before its aquisition by Synopsys, Coverity was an organization founded in the Computer Systems Laboratory at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California and with headquarters in San Francisco. In June 2008, Coverity acquired Solidware Technologies. And in February 2014, Coverity announced an agreement to be acquired by Synopsys, an electronic design automation company, for $350 million net of cash on hand.
Coverity Code Advisor on Demand is a cloud hosted version of Coverity Code Advisor.
Coverity Scan is a free cloud-based static analysis product for the open source community. The tool now analyzes over 4000 open source projects.
Coverity Test Advisor is a series of products aimed at identifying weaknesses in a project software testing.
Seeker is an interactive application security testing product.
Under a United States Department of Homeland Security contract, the tool was used to examine over 150 open source applications for bugs; 6000 bugs found by the scan were fixed, across 53 projects.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration used the tool in its 2010-2011 investigation into reports of sudden unintended acceleration in Toyota vehicles. The tool was used by CERN on the software employed in the Large Hadron Collider and in the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory during the flight software development of the Mars rover Curiosity.
In May 2012, Coverity won the 2012 CODiE Award for Best Software Development Solution.
- Krill, Paul (2008-06-30). "Coverity buys Solidware to boost code analysis". Infoworld.com. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Synopsys Enters Software Quality and Security Market with Coverity Acquisition". PR Newswire. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "A Few Billion Lines of Code Later: Using Static Analysis to Find Bugs in the Real World; How Coverity built a bug-finding tool, and a business, around the unlimited supply of bugs in software systems"
- The open source results on scan.coverity.com
- Open source one year results on scan.coverity.com
- [Archived June 14, 2009 at the Wayback Machine"LAMP lights the way in open-source security"] – ZDNet
- "U.S. Used Key Tools to Examine Toyota Acceleration-Related Software"
- "Technical Support to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on the Reported Toyota Motor Corporation Unintended Acceleration Investigation"
- "CERN Chooses Coverity to Ensure Accuracy of Large Hadron Collider Software"
- "Improving Scientific Research: CERN and Coverity Static Analysis"
- "Coverity: Mars Rover Curiosity's 'Space Doctors' On Bug Hunting In Space"
- "TR35: Seth Hallem, 28". Technology Review. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "2009 Technology Fast 500 Ranking | Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte LLP" (PDF). Deloitte.com. 2010-09-23. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "Coverity Named One of the Fastest Growing Companies in North America". California: PR Newswire. 20 October 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Coverity Wins SIIA CODiE Award for Best Software Development Solution". California: Coverity. 11 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-05.