|Location||Arlington, Texas, U.S.|
Cowboys Classic (2009–2014)
|Florida vs. Michigan|
The AdvoCare Classic is an annual college football game played on the opening weekend of the college football season in Arlington, Texas, at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys. The game was originally known as the Cowboys Classic from 2009 to 2014. The Advocare Classic usually kicks off ABC's Saturday Night Football schedule With 2017 Between Florida and Michigan CBS's College Football season.
|Date||Winning team||Losing team||Attendance|
|September 5, 2009||20 BYU Cougars||14||3 Oklahoma Sooners||13||75,437|
|September 4, 2010||6 TCU Horned Frogs||30||24 Oregon State Beavers||21||46,138|
|September 3, 2011||3 LSU Tigers||40||4 Oregon Ducks||27||87,711|
|September 1, 2012||2 Alabama Crimson Tide||41||8 Michigan Wolverines||14||90,413|
|August 31, 2013||12 LSU Tigers||37||20 TCU Horned Frogs||27||80,230|
|August 30, 2014||1 Florida State Seminoles||37||Oklahoma State Cowboys||31||61,521|
|September 5, 2015||3 Alabama Crimson Tide||35||20 Wisconsin Badgers||17||64,279|
|September 3, 2016||1 Alabama Crimson Tide||52||20 USC Trojans||6||81,359|
Rankings are from the AP Poll.
Founded as the Cowboys Classic, the 2009 game featured the No. 20 BYU Cougars of the Mountain West Conference (MWC) against the No.3 Oklahoma Sooners of the Big 12 Conference and was played on September 5, 2009. It was the first college football game played at Cowboys Stadium. The game was only the second game played by BYU and Oklahoma, with the Cougars upsetting the Sooners 14–13.
The second Cowboys Classic matched the No. 24 Oregon State Beavers of the Pac-12 Conference and the No. 5 TCU Horned Frogs of the Mountain West Conference (MWC) on September 4, 2010. The Horned Frogs defeated the Beavers 30–21 in front of series low crowd of 46,138.
The third edition paired the No. 4 Oregon Ducks of the Pac-12 Conference against the No. 3 LSU Tigers of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and was played on September 3, 2011, with the Tigers winning 40–27.
No. 8 Michigan Wolverines of the Big Ten Conference played No. 2 Alabama Crimson Tide of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) on September 1, 2012, the first regular-season meeting between the teams. Alabama won 41–14 in front of an event record attendance of 90,413.
The fifth playing of the Cowboys Classic matched the No. 12 LSU Tigers of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and the No. 20 TCU Horned Frogs of the Big 12 Conference and was played on August 31, 2013. The Tigers beat the Horned Frogs 37–27.
The sixth edition featured the Florida State Seminoles of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and the Oklahoma State Cowboys of the Big 12 Conference, and was played on August 30, 2014 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It was the fifth meeting between Florida State and Oklahoma State, with the Seminoles leading the series 3–1. The No. 1 Seminoles defeated the unranked Cowboys 37–31 in front of a crowd of 62,521.
The seventh edition of the Advocare Classic (and the first with Advocare as title sponsor) featured the Alabama Crimson Tide of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and the Wisconsin Badgers of the Big Ten Conference, and was played on September 5th at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. En route to a national championship, Alabama won their season opener over Wisconsin by a score of 35-17, with eventual Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry rushing for 147 yards and three touchdowns. It was the second overall meeting between Alabama and Wisconsin.
- September 2, 2017: Michigan Wolverines vs. Florida Gators on CBS 
- September 1, 2018: LSU Tigers vs. Miami Hurricanes on ABC
- August 31, 2019: Oregon Ducks vs. Auburn Tigers on CBS 
- "Brigham Young Cougars vs. Oklahoma Sooners Box Score". ESPN. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- "Oregon State Beavers vs. TCU Horned Frogs Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-09-04.
- "Oregon Ducks vs. LSU Tigers Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-09-03.
- "Michigan Wolverines vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "LSU Tigers vs. TCU Horned Frogs Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Florida State Seminoles vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-10. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- "Scoring Summary (Final): #20 USC vs. #1 Alabama". USC Trojans. September 3, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Alabama vs. Wisconsin Game Recap". ESPN.com. Retrieved 21 August 2016.