Cox's Bazar Sadar Upazila
|Cox's Bazar Sadar|
|District||Cox's Bazar District|
|• Total||228.23 km2 (88.12 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Cox's Bazar Sadar|
Cox's Bazar Sadar is located at. It has 38688 households and total area 228.23 km2 (88.12 sq mi).
At the 1991 Bangladesh census, Cox's Bazar Sadar had a population of 253,788, of whom 117,509 were aged 18 or older. Males constituted 53.94% of the population, and females 46.06%. Cox's Bazar Sadar had an average literacy rate of 28.3% (7+ years), against the national average of 32.4%.
Cox's Bazar Sadar has 10 Unions/Wards, 40 Mauzas/Mahallas and 140 villages.
In 1854, the Cox's Bazar police station and the Town Committee in 1959 were formed. In 1972, the town committee was demolished and turned into a municipality. In 1983, the thana was turned into an upazila. In 1989, municipality was upgraded from "C" grade to "B" grade. Cox's Bazar Sadar Upazila consists of one municipality and 10 unions. Complex of Cox's Bazar Sadar Upazila Cox's Bazar Sadar Police Station|under Cox's Bazar Sadar Model Police Station.
- Union of Cox's Bazar Sadar Upazila
- Islampur Union
- Pokhkhai Union
- Islamabad Union, Cox's Bazar Sadar
- Eidgah Union
- Jalalabad Union
- Chaufaldandi Union
- Varuakhali Union
- Patali Machuakhali Union
- Khurushkul Union
- Jhilangza Union
- Badiul Alam (2012), "Cox's Bazar Sadar Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal, Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "Union - Cox's Bazar Sadar Upazila - Cox's Bazar Sadar Upazila". www.sadar.coxsbazar.gov.bd.
|This Chittagong Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|