|Looney Tunes (Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner) series|
|Directed by||Matthew O'Callaghan|
|Studio||Reel FX Creative Studios & Warner Bros. Animation|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Release date(s)||July 30, 2010|
|Running time||3 min.|
|Preceded by||"Chariots of Fur"|
|Followed by||"Fur of Flying"|
Coyote Falls is a 2010 Looney Tunes film starring characters Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner. It is directed by Matthew O'Callaghan, written by Tom Sheppard, produced by Reel FX Creative Studios and released by Warner Bros. Animation. It is the first Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner movie to be made into CGI in 3D (the first theatrically released 3-D WB animated short since 1953's Lumber Jack-Rabbit) and it was theatrically released with Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore.
At the start, from a high bridge Wile E. Coyote is pouring out his usual Bird Seed lure for the Road Runner below, and intends to use an Acme Bungee Cord he ordered to catch him. On his first two tries, he misses grabbing Road Runner and on his way down a third time (with cutlery in hand), he collides with a gasoline truck and holds on to the tanker for dear life, but only succeeds in taking the gasoline tanker with him, which explodes upon impact.
On his next attempt, the Coyote continuously gets hit by oncoming trucks and eventually gets wound up in the bungee cord on the bridge. He is then freed by a passing tow truck, but crashes through the wall above the tunnel and is then hit by another truck. Road Runner then comes up to taunt him, and the Coyote sees yet another truck coming from behind. Wile E. uses the truck to chase after Road Runner, forgetting about the stretching bungee cord and when he lets go to try and grab him, the Coyote is shot back by the bungee cord recoiling and hits yet another truck in the tunnel. The camera changes shots to the back of the truck with "That's all Folks!" written on it and Wile E. recoils one more time, hitting the screen and sliding off, as the Road Runner speeds off through the tunnel.
The short was included on the Looney Tunes Super Stars' Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote: Supergenius Hijinks DVD. It was also included as a bonus on the DVD release of Looney Tunes: Rabbits Run.
- Desowitz, Bill (December 16, 2010). "Getting Looney About Road Runner and Coyote". Animation World Network. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Maltin, Leonard (September 27, 2010). "Welcome Back, Wile E.". Leonard Maltin's Movie Crazy. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "38th Annual Annie Nominations". The Annie Awards. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Fischer, Russ (November 30, 2010). "Oscar Finalists Announced for Animated and Live-Action Shorts". /Film. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Boss, Nate (November 17, 2010). "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore - 3D". High-Def Digest. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Milligan, Mercedes (August 3, 2015). "'Looney Tunes: Rabbits Run' Hops to DVD Shelves". Animation magazine. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
|This Looney Tunes–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|