|Security class||Medium, MI3 (Long-term minimum) (MSC)|
MI2 (Minimum camp) (MSU)
|Opened||1992 (medium security)|
2009 (maximum security)
|Managed by||Washington State Department of Corrections|
|Street address||1301 North Ephrata Ave.|
Coyote Ridge Corrections Center is a medium security prison located in Connell, Washington. Coyote Ridge is the largest prison by capacity in the state and is operated by the Washington State Department of Corrections.
Inmates of Coyote Ridge typically have more than six years up to life to serve. Attached to the main facility is the minimum-security "camp", where inmates must have six years or less on their sentences. The camp buildings look more like those of an average community college, complete with landscaping. Inmates sleep in dormitories, operate a textile factory, and grow some of their own food in a small garden on the grounds. Some inmates are allowed to go off-site to work in highly supervised jobs (including the traditional litter clean up).
As of January 2011, the main facility is almost full with an inmate population of over 2100.
A majority of the facility's inmates, approximately 1,700 of 2,065, went on a food strike in early 2019 to protest the breakfast menu served to them.
- Larry Williams, Sedro-Woolley murderer, convicted in the May 2011 death of his adopted 13-year-old daughter Hana Williams.
- Adam Baldridge, from Maple Valley, WA, Convicted of molesting and attempting to have sex with a 4 year old girl. 
- Gregory Mccrea, from Spokane, WA, convicted of eight counts of child rape, three counts of child molestation and one count of sexual exploitation of a child.
- Martin Lee Sanders, murderer, convicted of murdering two teenage girls in Spokane, WA.
- List of law enforcement agencies in Washington (state)
- List of United States state correction agencies
- List of U.S. state prisons
- List of Washington state prisons
- "Coyote Ridge Corrections Center (CRCC) | WACorrections". Archived from the original on 2016-03-14. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Coyote Ridge Corrections Center - Where We Are - About CI".
- Pihl, Kristi (August 4, 2010). "Coyote Ridge first prison in U.S. to get top green award". Tri-City Herald. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "LEED® Gold awarded to Coyote Ridge Corrections Center | Hunt Landmarks". Archived from the original on 2014-04-09. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Culverwell, Wendy (February 26, 2019). "Boiled eggs end inmate food strike in Connell". Tri-City Herald. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- "Adam Forest Baldridge - CHILD MOLEST 1 Washington, Mugshot 164627551". mugshots.com. 2018-02-09. Retrieved 2021-02-02.
- "Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 18-1-00566-5". linxonline.co.pierce.wa.us. Retrieved 2021-02-02.