||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Francis Shivers|
|Born||September 24, 1965|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Music and acting
Shivers co-produced the first single for the band Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet. The B-side to that single, "Having an Average Weekend," became the theme to the television show The Kids in the Hall. He also co-produced the band's first two albums.
He also played guitar in the instrumental rock band Sharkskin. After a series of moves, he ended up in New York City, where he joined The Dave Rave Conspiracy, playing guitar for them. During this time, he appeared in the movies Empire Records and Johnny Mnemonic. He also made cameo appearances in Smut and Dirty Love. He continued playing music, eventually gathering a back-up band to create and record his first solo album on Mutiny Records, the self-titled Coyote Shivers with the assistance of Billy Ficca (Richard Hell, Television) and Jack Pedler on drums.
Toured briefly with British rock band Jagged Edge during 2000.
He toured as a member of the opening act for KISS, during their reunion tour. He released several limited edition CD singles and the five-song CD 1/2 A Rock & Roll Record shortly afterward. He also appeared in the movies Down And Out With The Dolls directed by Kurt Voss, and Girl In 3D directed by Luis Aira. He also made a string of cameo appearances in films playing "himself" and released the double CD Coyote Shivers Gives It To Ya. Twice.
Shivers was married to model and singer Bebe Buell from 1992 to 1999.
He and actress Pauley Perrette were married in 2000. Perrette and Shivers separated in 2004 and obtained a divorce in 2006. Buell, Perrette, and ex-girlfriend Angela Garber all allege that Shivers has a pattern of physical, sexual and psychological abuse, stalking, and legal harassment. In 2008, the Los Angeles County Superior Court declared Shivers a vexatious litigant, thus barring him from filing any court actions without review by a judge who ensure that the court action has legal merit and is not intended to harass or intimidate.
- Coyote Shivers (1996) Mutiny Zoo
- 1/2 A Rock & Roll Record (1999) The Orchard (EP)
- Gives It To Ya. Twice (2004) Foodchain Records (double CD)
- Empire Records, 1995 (song "Sugarhigh")
- Time of Your Life, 1999 TV Series (song "Something Happens" in episode "The Time They Threw That Party")
- Down and Out with the Dolls, 2001 (theme song "I Wanna Remember Tonight")
- Girl in 3D, 2004
- Johnny Mnemonic, 1995
- Empire Records, 1995
- Smut, 1999
- Down and Out with the Dolls, 2001
- Girl in 3D, 2004
- Boys & Girls Guide To Getting Down, 2006
- Robert Koehler (2005-06-06). "Girl in 3D". Variety. p. 29.
- Vexatious Litigants List p. 54
- "A escritora Mayra Dias Gomes se casa com o músico Coyote Shivers". Globo.com (in Portuguese). Rio de Janeiro. 2010-03-16. Retrieved 2010-06-21.
- Eddie Cockrell (2001-07-30). "Down and Out with the Dolls". Variety. p. 20.