Coyote Wells, California
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||299 ft (91 m)|
Coyote Wells is an unincorporated community in Imperial County, California. It is located on the San Diego and Arizona Eastern Railway 24 miles (39 km) west of El Centro, at an elevation of 299 feet (91 m).
Coyote Wells Landing Fields
- North Coyote Wells Naval Outlying Landing Field also called Booming Naval Outlying Landing Field was a 2,600 feet runway. North Coyote Wells Naval Outlying Landing Field was 13 miles northeast of Coyote Wells. Just north of the airstrip was a bombing target. Landing Field was used as an Emergency Landing Field. Site was abandoned in 1949. No trace of airstrips remains.(32.93, -115.88)
- Soth Coyote Wells Naval Outlying Landing Field was 3 miles east of Coyote Wells built in 1938. The site had three 2,500 feet unpaved runways for Emergency Landing at an elevation of 300 feet. Site was sold in 1956. No trace of airstrips remains.(32.74, -115.96)
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Coyote Wells, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 1409. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- Coyote Wells Landing Field
- North Coyote Wells Naval Outlying Landing Field
- Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: California: El Centro area
- Coyote Wells South Field