Coyote on a Fence
The play stars John Brennan, a death row convict who kicked in the face of a drug dealer named Dwayne Rigby prior to the start of the play. John, an articulate person who writes for the "Death Row Advocate," meets Robert Alvin "Bobby" Reyburn, an uneducated hick carrying a death sentence for burning a church filled with African-American worshippers. The play explores the concept of the death penalty and the meaning of evil.
The play takes place in a prison in the southern United States.
- John Brennan - A white, middle-aged and fairly well-educated prisoner who feels a sense of denial about his crime.
- Robert Alvin "Bobby" Reyburn - A white, developmentally challenged prisoner in his late twenties.
- Shawna DuChamps - The female prison guard who feels guilt over the deaths of the prisoners. Shawna's race may be determined by the individual production.
- Samuel "Sam" Fried - A Jewish white writer for The New York Times who interviews John.
- Jacques, Damien (18 September 2005). "Coyote on a Fence shows conflicts of humankind". newsbank.com. Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Production History". cincyplay.com. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Graham, Bruce (2000). "Coyote on a Fence". books.google.com. Dramatis Play Services Inc. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Humphrey, Carrie; Giddings, Lynda. "Coyote on a Fence". lifeofanactor.com. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Ruth Neeman set design for Coyote on a Fence
- Production of Coyote on a Fence - The University of Southern Mississippi
|This article on a play from the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|