Cozia National Park
|Cozia National Park|
|Parcul Național Cozia|
|Location||Vâlcea County |
|Nearest city||Băile Olăneşti|
|Area||17,100 hectares (42,000 acres)|
|Established||2000, designation 1966|
The Cozia National Park (Romanian: Parcul Național Cozia) (national park category II IUCN) is situated in Romania, in the north-east part of Vâlcea County, in administrative territory of localities Brezoi, Călimănești, Racoviţa, Perișani, Sălătrucel and Berislăvești.
Cozia National Park with an area of 171 km2 was declared a natural protected area by the Law Number.5 of March 6, 2000 (published in Romanian Official Paper, No.152 on April 12, 2000) and represents a mountainous area with flora and fauna specific to the Southern Carpathians. Besides its peculiar aspect of flora elements, Cozia National Park has a good number of lichen species. Mustafa YAVUZ and Dr. Gülşah ÇOBANOĞLU from Turkey studied Lichen Flora of Cozia National Park in 2007 In 2017, two old-growth forests were inscribed in the Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe nature site.
- eunis.eea.europa.eu - Cozia National Park - coords.; retrieved on June 05, 2012
- "Parcul National Cozia".
- (in Romanian) apmvl.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Vâlcea; retrieved on June 05, 2012
- (in Romanian) cdep.ro - Legea Nr.5 din 6 martie 2000; retrieved on June 05, 2012
- (in English) - Additional and new lichen records from Cozia National Park, Romania; retrieved on June 01, 2016
- "Ancient and Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe".