|Look up cracking in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cracking may refer to:
- Cracking, the formation of a fracture or partial fracture in a solid material
- Performing a sternotomy
- Fluid catalytic cracking, a catalytic process widely used in oil refineries for cracking large hydrocarbon molecules into smaller molecules
- Cracking (chemistry), the decomposition of complex organic molecules into smaller ones
- Cracking joints, the practice of manipulating one's bone joints to make a sharp sound
- Cracking codes, see cryptanalysis
- Whip cracking
- Safe cracking
- Crackin', band featuring Lester Abrams
- Another name for Security hacking; the practice of defeating computer security
- Password cracking, the process of discovering the plaintext of an encrypted computer password
- Software cracking, the defeating of software copy protection
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cracking.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.