From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cradle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cradle may refer to:
- Bassinet, a small bed, often on rockers, in which babies and small children sleep
- Ship cradle, supports a ship that is dry docked
- Cradle (grain), in agriculture is a device based upon a scythe to cleanly reap and harvest grain
- Cradle (mining), used to separate gold from other rocks
- Newton's cradle, a device that demonstrates conservation of momentum and energy via a series of swinging spheres
Arts and literature
- Cradle (Malay band), a Malay rock band from Singapore
- Cradle (US band), a band that Suzi Quatro played in before she became famous
- Cradle (novel), a 1988 novel by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee
- Cradle (album), an album by Acacia
- "Cradle" (Atomic Kitten song), 1999
- "Cradle" (The Joy Formidable song)
- The Cradle, a 2007 horror film starring Lukas Haas and Emily Hampshire
- Cradle (circus act) (also known as aerial cradle or casting cradle), a type of aerial circus act
- Cradling (art restoration), an art restoration technique to stabilise a painting on panel
- "Cradle", a song by Mudvayne from L.D. 50
- "Cradle", a 2015 science-fiction computer adventure game developed by Flying Cafe for Semianimals.
- Aderyn's Cradle, a video game set for 2016.
A metaphor for humanity's origins
- Cradle of Humankind, a World Heritage Site near Johannesburg in South Africa, where many early hominid remains were discovered
- Cradle of civilization, any of the various regions regarded as the earliest centers of civilization
- Cradle of Liberty (disambiguation)
- Cradle (wrestling), a very basic move in amateur wrestling
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cradle.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.