Crafton Heights (Pittsburgh)
|Neighborhood of Pittsburgh|
|• Total||0.754 sq mi (1.95 km2)|
|• Density||5,100/sq mi (2,000/km2)|
Crafton Heights is a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Its name is derived from the neighboring borough, Crafton Borough, and the majority of today's community was annexed to the City of Pittsburgh in 1921. Crafton Heights is located west of downtown Pittsburgh, and is surrounded by Elliot, Sheraden, and Westwood.
Neighbors in Crafton Heights enjoy shopping at nearby Crafton-Ingram Shopping Center. Recreation is an important part of the community with baseball fields, playgrounds and tennis and basketball courts throughout the neighborhood.
While many of Crafton Heights' old homes still stand, additional new townhomes and single family homes are being built to satisfy new residents.
- North – Sheraden (a Pittsburgh neighborhood)
- East – Elliott (a Pittsburgh neighborhood)
- South – Westwood (a Pittsburgh neighborhood)
- South west – Crafton (an Allegheny county borough)
- West – Ingram (an Allegheny county borough)
- Toker, Franklin (1994) . Pittsburgh: An Urban Portrait. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press. ISBN 0-8229-5434-6.
- Crafton Heights Official Home Page
- Crafton Heights District 2
- Interactive Pittsburgh Neighborhoods Map
|This article about a location in Pittsburgh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|