Alcock playing for Peterborough United in 2011
|Full name||Craig Alcock|
|Date of birth||8 December 1987|
|Place of birth||Truro, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2006||→ Weston-super-Mare (loan)||3||(0)|
|2007||→ Taunton Town (loan)||5||(0)|
|2007||→ Tiverton Town (loan)||11||(0)|
|2015–2016||→ Doncaster Rovers (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:10, March 2017 (UTC).
Craig Alcock (born 8 December 1987) is an English professional footballer who plays as a defender for Doncaster Rovers. Having begun his career at Yeovil Town he spent time on loan at Weston-super-Mare, Taunton Town and Tiverton Town before moving to Peterborough United and then to Sheffield United.
Born in Truro, Cornwall, Alcock started his career with the Yeovil Town youth system in 2004. At the start of the 2005–06 season Alcock was awarded a first team contract along with fellow youth teammates Tom Clarke and Jake Smeeton. Due to being over-age for playing in the youth side for Yeovil Town, he had three short-term loan spells in the 2006–07 season with Conference South side Weston-super-mare, Southern League sides Taunton Town and Tiverton Town. He made his first team debut as a substitute away at Gillingham in the final league match of the 2006–07 season.
After making a breakthrough and challenging for the number one right back slot in the 2007–08 season, Alcock became a regular starter during the 2008–09 season due to injuries and suspensions concerning Lee Peltier. In May 2009, Alcock signed a new 2-year contract with Yeovil Town, and after new captain Stefan Stam was dropped due to injury and poor form, Alcock was made captain for the remainder of the season.
In early summer 2010, Alcock was linked with a move to championship side Norwich City but remained with Yeovil for the remainder of the season and in May 2011 was informed by the club that he was one of seven Yeovil players who would be awarded new contracts.
Despite being offered a new deal at Yeovil, in July 2011 Alcock signed for Peterborough United on a three-year deal with Yeovil receiving £100,000 in compensation due to his age. Alcock made 112 appearances for Posh in all competitions over his three seasons at the club, including winning the Football League Trophy in 2014, before being released at the end of the 2013–14 season.
In July 2014, Alcock signed a two-year deal with Sheffield United. Alcock started as a regular in the side both at centre half and then in his more customary role at right back. However, after an injury he has found himself in a more peripheral role, made harder by the January arrivals of additional full backs Kieron Freeman and John Brayford. In his second season at United, Alcock again found match time hard to come by, and as a result joined fellow League One side Doncaster Rovers on a 28-day loan On 10 November 2015. The loan was made permanent on 7 January 2016.
- As of 10 January 2017.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Yeovil Town||2006–07||League One||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Sheffield United||2014–15||League One||24||0||3||0||3||0||2[c]||0||32||0|
|Doncaster Rovers||2015–16[d]||League One||27||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||29||0|
- Appearances in Football League Trophy
- Five appearances in Football League Trophy, two in League One play-offs
- One appearance in Football League Trophy, one in League One play-offs
- Alcock made 9 league appearances and 1 FA Cup appearance during an initial loan spell, before the deal was made permanent.
- Appearances in EFL Trophy
- Peterborough United
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Edinburgh: Mainstream Publishing. p. 17. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Career History". UpThePosh!. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Pick of the Youth". Ciderspace. 16 June 2006. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Glovers defender leaves on loan". BBC Sport. 29 March 2007. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Gillingham 0–2 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 5 May 2007. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Gaffer makes his first move". Yeovil Town F.C. 7 May 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Happy Birthday Cap'n". Yeovil Town F.C. 9 December 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Terry Skiverton offers seven new Yeovil Town deals". BBC Sport. 5 May 2011. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Peterborough United complete deal for Yeovil's Alcock". BBC Sport. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Posh Announce Retained List". Peterborough United F.C. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Craig Alcock: Sheffield United sign ex-Peterborough United defender". BBC Sport. 15 July 2014. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Blades defender loaned to Doncaster". BBC Sport. 10 November 2015. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Hoden, Liam (7 January 2016). "CONFIRMED: Craig Alcock joins Doncaster Rovers from Sheffield United". The Doncaster Star. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- "Craig Alcock Statistics". Wicanton CC. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Football". Sexey's School. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Craig Alcock | Football Stats | Doncaster Rovers | Age 28 | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 2016-10-07.