This bio needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||January 18, 1969|
Craig Dworkin is an American poet and Professor of English at the University of Utah.
Dworkin graduated from Stanford University for his B.A. and University of California, Berkeley for his Ph.D. Dworkin is a poet, critic, editor, and currently a professor at the University of Utah. Notable from Dworkin is his work Fact, a poem that presents the chemical compounds of ink on paper. Dworkin has written five books of poetry: Motes (2011), The Perverse Library (2010), Parse (2008), Strand (2004), and Dure (2004). He has edited six volumes, including Against Expression: An Anthology of Conceptual Writing (2011) with Kenneth Goldsmith, The Sound of Poetry / The Poetry of Sound (2009) with Marjorie Perloff, and The Consequence of Innovation: 21st Century Poetics (2008). Dworkin is also the author of two scholarly books, Reading the Illegible (2003) and No Medium (2013), in which he discusses works that are blank, erased, clear, or silent. He has published articles in such diverse journals as October, Grey Room, Contemporary Literature, and College English. He runs Eclipse, an online archive of radical small-press writing from the last quarter century.
- No Medium. MIT, 2013.
- Reading the Illegible. Northwestern UP, 2003.
- Nothing: A User's Manual. Information as Material, 2015.
- Against Expression: An Anthology of Conceptual Writing, co-edited with Kenneth Goldsmith. Northwestern University Press, 2011.
- The Sound of Poetry / The Poetry of Sound, co-edited with Marjorie Perloff. University of Chicago Press, 2009.
- The Consequence of Innovation: 21st-Century Poetics. Roof Books, 2008.
- Language to Cover a Page: The Early Writings of Vito Acconci. MIT Press, 2006.
- Architectures of Poetry, co-edited with María Eugenia Díaz Sánchez. Rodopi, 2004.
Poetry Books and Pamphlets
- An Attempt at Exhausting a Space in Williamstown. Publication Studio, 2015.
- Alkali. Counterpath Press, 2015.
- Remotes. Little Red Leaves, 2013.
- Chapter XXIV. Red Butte Press, 2013.
- Motes. Roof Books, 2011.
- Emblem of My Work. Laurence Sterne Trust, 2011.
- The Perverse Library. Information As Material, 2010.
- Parse. Atelos, 2008.
- Maps. Editions Ubu, 2007.
- Copys. No Press, 2011.
- Strand. Roof Books, 2005.
- Smokes. Editions Ubu, 2004.
- Dure. Cuneiform Press, 2004.