This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Craig Peter Hamilton (born 1 September 1979, Dumfries) is a Scottish international rugby union player. He is a lock and currently plays at Whitley Bay Rockcliff RFC, Northumbria University Men's 1st XV and previously for Glasgow Warriors, Border Reivers, Edinburgh Rugby and French Second Division club Tarbes Pyrénées Rugby. He also currently coaches at Whitley Bay Rockcliff RFC
Hamilton was born in Dumfries and is a former pupil of Stranraer Academy. He is 6 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 15 stones 8 pounds. He was previously with West of Scotland before moving to Newcastle to study where he played for Newcastle Falcons playing 50 games for the club between 1999 and 2005. He was a replacement as they won the 2004 Anglo-Welsh Cup final.
He represented Scotland U21 in the 2000 SANZAR tournament, starting against Tonga and coming on as a replacement against South Africa and Argentina. He also represented Scottish Students, in particular starting in their game against French Students at Inverleith in March 2002. He has made 17 appearances for Scotland A including appearances in February 2010.
He was awarded his first Scotland cap on 19 June 2004 in Sydney, coming on as a replacement in the second Test against Australia. He gained 4 further caps in the five months from June to November 2005 when he started against each of Romania, Argentina, Samoa and New Zealand. He was on Scotland’s 2008 tour to Argentina but did not figure in the match squad for either Test match.
- "Newcastle 37–33 Sale". BBC. 17 April 2004. Retrieved 26 December 2009.
- "Glasgow Warriors - Craig Hamilton". www.glasgowwarriors.com.
- "New coaching team appointed for the 1st XV and Senior Mens Team - News - Rockcliff RFC". www.rockcliffrfc.co.uk.
- "Craig Hamilton | Rugby Union | Players and Officials | ESPN Scrum". Scrum.com. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- "Scotland Squads | Scottish Rugby Union". Scotlandrugbyteam.org. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- "BBC Sport - Craig Hamilton joins Tarbes Pyrenees from Edinburgh". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-05-16. Retrieved 2015-10-03.