Craig J. N. de Paulo
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Craig J. N. de Paulo|
|Primate of the Old Catholic Confederation|
|Ordination||June 23, 2007
by Robert Mikhail Moskal
|Consecration||September 14, 2013
by Peter Paul Brennan, Rodney R. Michel, William J. Manseau
|Denomination||Old Catholic Confederation|
|Alma mater||Pontifical Gregorian University|
De Paulo received a Ph.D. in philosophy in 1995 from the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome.
De Paulo is the primate of the Old Catholic Confederation (formed in 2013) and its Archbishop of the United States. The confederation is independent from both the historic Old Catholic churches of Europe within the Union of Utrecht and the Union of Scranton which was formed in 2008.
citation needed] Later that year, he was installed as pastor in East McKeesport, Pennsylvania. He separated from the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, and was elected a bishop of the OCC on July 21, 2013, and consecrated to the episcopate on September 14, 2013, by Archbishop Peter Paul Brennan.[
On December 25, 2013, the Church of the Province of West Africa's archbishop, Solomon Tilewa Johnson, appointed and licensed de Paulo as his episcopal commissary for North America.[unreliable source?][discuss]
- De Paulo, Craig J. N. (1995). Being and conversion: a phenomenological ontology of radical restlessness (Ph.D. thesis). Rome: Pontifical Gregorian University. OCLC 493600967.
- De Paulo, Craig J. N. (Fall 2003). "The Augustinian constitution of Heidegger's Being and Time". American Catholic philosophical quarterly. 77 (4): 549–568. doi:10.5840/acpq200377431.
- De Paulo, Craig J. N. (2005). "St. Augustine's phenomenology of confusion". In De Paulo, Craig J. N.; et al. Ambiguity in the Western mind. New York [u.a.]: Lang. pp. 88–100. ISBN 9780820463803.
- De Paulo, Craig J. N. (2006). "Following Heidegger's footnotes to Augustine on Timor castus and Servilis". In De Paulo, Craig J. N. The influence of Augustine on Heidegger: the emergence of an Augustinian phenomenology. Lewiston, NY: Mellen. pp. 299–322. ISBN 9780773456891.
- Messina, Patrick A.; De Paulo, Craig J. N. (2011). "The influence of Augustine on the development of just war theory". In De Paulo, Craig J. N.; et al. Augustinian just war theory and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq confessions, contentions, and the lust for power. New York [u.a.]: Lang. pp. 23–56?. ISBN 9781433112324.
- De Paulo, Craig J. N. (2011). "A mystagogical ascent of love: a spiritual reflection on the sensuality of the Byzantine Divine Liturgy". In De Paulo, Craig J. N.; et al. Confessions of love: the ambiguities of Greek Eros and Latin Caritas. American University Studies. 310. New York [u.a.]: Lang. pp. 209–219. ISBN 9781453901717.
- House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies: Knight of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George[needs update][discuss]
- House of Savoy: Knight of the Order of Merit of Savoy[relevant? ]
- Paulo, Craig J. N. de (1995). Being and conversion: a phenomenological ontology of radical restlessness (Ph.D.). Rome: Pontifical Gregorian University. OCLC 493600967.
- http://www.occus.org/primate-and-archbishop, title= Primate of the Old Catholic Confederation and Archbishop of the United States
- "From the 2007 family album". htucc.org. Carnegie, PA: Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church. Archived from the original on 2007-11-02. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "Appointments, admissions and promotions, February 2005". constantinianorder.org. The Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George. Feb 2005. Archived from the original on 2013-04-10. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "Mass, convocation and investiture for the American delegation at the University Church of St. Joseph". savoydelegation-usa.org. 2004-12-10. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "Book Reviews - Ambiguity in the Western Mind". American Catholic philosophical quarterly. Washington, DC: American Catholic Philosophical Association. 80 (2): 298. 2006. ISSN 1051-3558.
- Briggs, Richard S. (December 2006). "Reviewed work: Ambiguity in the Western Mind by Craig J. N. de Paulo, Patrick Messina, Marc Stier". Literature and Theology. Oxford University Press. 20 (4): 487–489. ISSN 0269-1205. JSTOR 23926981.
|Old Catholic Confederation Titles|
|New title||Primate and Archbishop of the United States
2013 – present