May 10, 1971 |
Queens, New York, United States
|Origin||Brentwood, Long Island, New York, United States|
|Labels||Bad Boy Records
Street Life Records
|Associated acts||The Notorious B.I.G., Busta Rhymes, Keith Murray, Q-Tip|
Craig Mack (born May 10, 1971) is an American rapper, who gained fame on Puff Daddy's Bad Boy Entertainment record label in the 1990s. Although his first single was released under the name MC EZ in 1988, he is best known for his 1994 hit single "Flava In Ya Ear", which was released under his real name. The remix of the single was the breakout appearance of The Notorious B.I.G., as well as one of the first solo appearances by Busta Rhymes. The success of The Notorious B.I.G.'s debut album Ready To Die overshadowed Mack's early success on the Bad Boy label.
Although Puff Daddy mentioned in a 1994 interview on MTV's Yo! MTV Raps that he was working with Mack on his second album, which was to be released sometime in January the following year, this proved to not be the case. Present at that interview (which also included The Notorious B.I.G.), Mack himself appeared puzzled by the statement. Mack did release a second album in 1997, but none of the singles charted and Mack was unable to repeat his success. In an interview, Biggie Smalls says he appeared on the remix of Flava In Ya Ear for political reasons for Puffy. In 2002, Mack would appear in the music video for Puffy's single "I Need a Girl (Part One)".
On November 26, 2012, Beazylife Distribution released a new Craig Mack mixtape, 'Operation Why2K? - Hosted by B-Eazy', through DatPiff.com.
In multiple interviews, Craig Mack has stated clearly that for him the real joy in hip hop is moving the crowd from his delivery of rhymes and rhythms. He has noted that for him the hip hop tradition includes inspiring the crowd to get up and dance.
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|Project: Funk da World||21||6|
|Operation: Get Down||
|Years||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|1994||"Flava in Ya Ear"||9||4||1||57||
||Project: Funk Da World|
|1997||"What I Need"||—||55||16||—||Operation: Get Down|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- "Diddy/Puff Daddy CAUGHT Lying to Craig Mack about 2nd album!!!". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- "Craig Mack Album & Song Chart History - Billboard 200". Billboard. Retrieved May 27, 2011.
- "Craig Mack Album & Song Chart History - R&B/Hip-Hop Albums". Billboard. Retrieved May 27, 2011..He know resides in Baldwin Hills, Ca
- "Recording Industry Association of America". RIAA. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- "Craig Mack Album & Song Chart History - Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved May 27, 2011.
- "Craig Mack Album & Song Chart History - R&B/Hip-Hop Songs". Billboard. Retrieved May 27, 2011.
- "Craig Mack : Allmusic : Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Retrieved May 27, 2011.
- "Chart Log UK: M - My Vitriol". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved May 27, 2011.