|Born||Craig Delano Melvin
May 20, 1979
Columbia, South Carolina
|Education||B.A. in government
Wofford College (2001)
|Occupation||News anchor/Correspondent, MSNBC NBC News|
|Notable credit(s)||WIS reporter and anchor (2001–2008)
WRC 6PM and 11PM weekend news anchor
|Spouse(s)||Lindsay Czarniak (m. 2011)|
Craig Delano Melvin (born May 20, 1979) is an American journalist and news anchor, working for NBC News and MSNBC as an anchor and NBC News correspondent. He currently anchors MSNBC Live on weekdays, and is co-anchor of Today Saturday edition.
In 2012, Melvin anchored MSNBC's coverage for the Republican and Democratic National conventions, as well as Election Night coverage for TVOne in partnership with NBC News. Melvin often anchors topical matters of public interest. He covered Asiana Airlines 214 crash in July 2013, the George Zimmerman trial, the deadly tornado in Moore, Oklahoma, the Sandy Hook shooting in December 2012, and the West Fertilizer Company plant explosion in 2013.
Melvin is from Columbia, South Carolina. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Government from Wofford College. His parents are Lawrence and Betty Melvin. He has a younger brother, Ryan Melvin, and an older brother, Rev. Lawrence Meadows. He is a member of Kappa Sigma fraternity and also served as a senior counselor for South Carolina's Palmetto Boys State program.
He married ESPN sports anchor and former WRC-TV sports reporter Lindsay Czarniak on October 15, 2011. They currently reside in Connecticut and have a son born in 2014.Lindsay gave birth to their second child, a daughter named Sibby, on November 6, 2016. [better source needed]
- 2001–2008: WIS anchor and reporter
- 2008–2011: WRC-TV 6 PM and 11 PM Weekend news anchor
- 2011–present: NBC News/MSNBC
- Wedding Photo 2 Source
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Craig Melvin". The Washington Post.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Media Match: Lindsay Czarniak And Craig Melvin Get Married". Huffington Post. 18 October 2011.
- Heil, Emily (March 11, 2014). "Lindsay Czarniak, Craig Melvin welcome baby boy". The Washington Post. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- Lindsay Czarniak