|Birth name||Craig Alan Newby|
|Date of birth||27 July 1979|
|Place of birth||Rotorua, New Zealand|
|Height||191 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||106 kg (16 st 10 lb; 234 lb) |
|School||Rotorua Boys' High School|
|Rugby union career|
Craig Alan Newby (born 27 July 1979) is a former New Zealand rugby union player.
Newby spent the bulk of his career in New Zealand, playing for Otago, the Highlanders, North Harbour and the Blues. He had a short stint with Newcastle Falcons in 2002. He made three appearances for New Zealand before moving to England in 2008 to play for Leicester Tigers. At the end of his first season at Leicester he helped them defeat London Irish to win the Premiership final. The following year he was a replacement as Leicester retained the Premiership.
He retired from professional rugby early in the 2012 season and following coaching roles at Cambridge Rugby club, Wasps u18, Warwick School as Assistant Director of Rugby and Laxton Junior School, Oundle., he is now on the coaching staff at Coventry R.F.C.. He now works at St John's school as Director of Rugby and Assistant Housemaster of North a boys day house.
- "Aviva Premiership Rugby – Gloucester Rugby". web page. Premier Rugby. Archived from the original on 16 June 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Leicester 10-9 London Irish". BBC. 16 May 2009. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Leicester 33-27 Saracens". BBC. 29 May 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "My Life in Rugby: Craig Newby – former Leicester and All Black flanker". The Rugby paper. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Leicester's Craig Newby retires because of knee injury". BBC Sport. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- Highlanders profile at the Wayback Machine (archived 2017-02-05)
- Craig Newby at AllBlacks.com
- Tigers sign Highlanders flanker
- Leicester Tigers profile
|This biographical article relating to New Zealand rugby union, about a person born in the 1970s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|