Ogden began playing guitar at the age of seven, and graduated in music from the University of Western Australia. In 1990 he became UK-based, and has a Professional Performance Diploma from the Royal Northern College of Music, where in 2004 he received a Fellowship from the Royal Northern College of Music, becoming the youngest person to be given the honour. He married the British singer Claire Bradshaw, with whom he often performs; together they founded the Dean & Chadlington Summer Music Festival in 2007. He made his first appearance at the Royal Albert Hall with the Philharmonia Orchestra performing Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez.
- Tippett: The Blue Guitar (1995)
- Guitar Meditations (1999)
- English Guitar Concertos (2001)
- The Guitarist (2010)
- Summertime (2011)
- A Quiet Thing: Songs for Voice and Guitar (with David Daniels; 2011)
- Christmas Time (2013)
- Summer Guitar (2014)
- Craig Ogden and Friends (2015)
- Love's Philosophy (2017)
- "Craig Ogden: 10 facts about the great guitarist". Classic FM. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- RNCM website. Accessed 7 November 2014
- Leicester International Music Festival Archived 24 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Accessed 7 November 2014
- Hyperion Records. Accessed 7 November 2014
- "Craig Ogden: an Aussie abroad", Cotswold Life, 16 December 2013. Accessed 7 November 2014
- "Discography". Craig Ogden. Retrieved 26 June 2018.