Craig Snyder (writer)
Craig Snyder is an American writer, poet, and photographer. He is also a historian of skate and surf culture.
Life and career
Born and raised in South Florida, Snyder grew up skating with many of the skate stars that had laid the foundation for modern skateboarding including Alan Gelfand, Mike McGill, and Rodney Mullen. He also worked as a photographer and contributed to a number of skate magazines including SkateBoarder. Snyder's images have been published internationally by ESPN, Der Spiegel, TransWorld Skateboarding, and Concrete Wave, and appeared in a number of books, films, and exhibitions. From photography, Snyder expanded into poetry, writing, and art. He has collaborated with musicians from the United States, Canada, Europe, and Japan on various projects that include readings, performances and recordings.
- A Secret History of the Ollie, Vol. 1: The 1970s (Black Salt Press, 2015)
- Surfing Florida: A Photographic History, (University Press of Florida, 2014)
- Free Ride: Skateboard, mécanique galiléenne et formes simples, (Éditions B42, Paris, 2011)
- The Blue Void Trilogy: Horse Mood / Bruno Green (2004) Hasta Luego/La Grange á Disques (Rock)
- Welcome to the Red Barn / Santa Cruz (2003) Hasta Luego (Rock)
- Siki / Phat (2002) Blue Note (Jazz)