Craig Stone (author)
|Born||Craig Raymond Stone|
24 August 1980
Craig Stone (born 24 August 1980) is a British author. He left a job in the city to live homeless in a park, during which time he wrote his first book, The Squirrel that Dreamt of Madness, a semi-autobiographical account of his time in the park. He later wrote Life Knocks, Deep in the Bin of Bob and How to Hide from Humans, and is the author of the blog, Thought Scratchings, shortlisted for the 2014 UK Blog Awards.
At the age of 30 Stone quit his job and became homeless, camping in Gladstone Park, North London. While here he wrote his first novel. Stone met his wife during this time, through Twitter. She had messaged him as a fan, expressing how much she enjoyed his first novel, and they have a son.
Stone is an advocate for homeless people in the UK.
- "Man Who Went From Homelessness to a Successful Author Is Your Inspiring Story of the Day".
- Metro.co.uk, Lisa Bowman for (30 November 2016). "Former homeless man explains how to help (and how it could happen to anyone)".
- "30/11/2012, The Comedy Café". BBC Radio Scotland.
- "This Man Went From Being Homeless to a Successful Published Author - TheLADbible".
- "From sleeping rough to becoming a published author: This man's story will make you think twice about ignoring the homeless". 9 December 2016.
- "Homelessness survivor tweets journey from sleeping rough to writing books - The USA Times -US News,World News, Politics, Economics, Entertainment,Sport,Business & Finance". 28 November 2016. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "The Squirrel that Dreamt of Madness - - Matador Fiction - @craigstone_".
- "Opening the Door to Life: an Interview with Craig Stone". 19 September 2016.
- Stone, Craig (20 February 2014). "Deep in the Bin of Bob". Craig Stone.
- "Thought Scratchings".
- http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/05/17/2012-dundee-international-book-prize-shortlist-announced-and-ebook-launched// Shortlisted for the Dundee International Book Prize 2012
- "University of Dundee : External Relations : Press Office".
- "This best-selling author was once homeless and has explained how easily it can happen - JOE.ie".
- "craig stone (@craigstone_)". Twitter. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- Mulroy, Zahra (1 December 2016). "People can't decide if this is a piece of bread - or a sponge".
- "People Can't Decide If This Is A Photo of Sponge Or Bread". 2 December 2016.
- "This is why MPs started laughing after the Syria air strikes vote". 3 December 2015.
- Stone, Craig (1 January 2017). "The day violent thugs were driven out by hippies with glowsticks" – via The Guardian.
- "Craig Stone". The Guardian.