Craig Township, Switzerland County, Indiana
The Venoge Farmhouse, a historic site in the township
Location in Switzerland County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||39.56 sq mi (102.5 km2)|
|• Land||39.26 sq mi (101.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2) 0.76%|
|Elevation||574 ft (175 m)|
|• Density||22.9/sq mi (8.8/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47011, 47043, 47250|
|GNIS feature ID||453249|
Craig Township has the name of George Craig, a pioneer settler and afterward state legislator.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 39.56 square miles (102.5 km2), of which 39.26 square miles (101.7 km2) (or 99.24%) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (or 0.76%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: McKay and Old Bethel.
Airports and landing strips
- Robinson Airport
- Switzerland County School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 68
- State Senate District 45
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Cottman, George Streibe (1916). Indiana Magazine of History. p. 153.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
||Pleasant Township||Jefferson Township|
|Milton Township, Jefferson County|