Craiova International Airport
|Craiova International Airport
Aeroportul Internaţional Craiova
|Operator||Consiliul Judeţean Dolj|
|Focus city for||Wizz Air|
|Elevation AMSL||626 ft / 191 m|
Craiova International Airport (IATA: CRA, ICAO: LRCV) is located in south-western part of Romania, 7 km (4.3 mi) east of Craiova municipality, one of Romania's largest cities. The airport area is the headquarters of Avioane Craiova (formerly known as IRAv Craiova), the company which built the Romanian IAR-93 and IAR-99 aircraft.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)|
A new terminal was opened at Craiova airport in December 2010.
Since July 2014 Craiova Airport is base for Wizz Air which serves 10 destinations in 5 countries.
Runway renovation works took place in summer 2015.
Airlines and destinations
|Wizz Air||Barcelona, Beauvais, Bergamo, Bologna, Cologne/Bonn, Liverpool, London-Luton, Rome-Ciampino, Madrid, Tel Aviv–Ben Gurion (begins 19 June 2017), Treviso|
The airport is connected to the city via bus route 9 (Metro-Central Market-Craiovița Nouă) of the public transport company RAT Craiova. There is a station in front of the airport with all-day service time. Taxis are also available.
- EAD Basic
- Craiova Airport in 2013 at newsair.ro (Romanian)
- ORDIN 169/1.801. Planul national de actiune privind reducerea emisiilor de gaze cu efect de seră în domeniul aviatiei civile (Romanian)
-  Adevarul, The New Terminal of the Airport Will be Inaugurated in Two Weeks
- Liu, Jim (30 March 2017). "WizzAir boosts Tel Aviv network from June 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "WIZZ AIR FURTHER EXPANDS ITS LOW-FARE NETWORK FROM ISRAEL". wizzair.com. Wizz Air. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "O NOUĂ DESTINAȚIE ÎNSORITĂ DIN CRAIOVA WIZZ: TEL AVIV". Craiova Airport. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- RAT-Craiova bus schedule