Cranbury (CDP), New Jersey
Cranbury, New Jersey
Center of Cranbury
Map of Cranbury CDP in Middlesex County. Inset: Location of Middlesex County in New Jersey.
|• Total||1.218 sq mi (3.156 km2)|
|• Land||1.199 sq mi (3.106 km2)|
|• Water||0.019 sq mi (0.050 km2) 1.57%|
|Elevation||79 ft (24 m)|
|• Density||1,818.5/sq mi (702.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (Eastern (EDT))|
|GNIS feature ID||02389369|
Cranbury is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Cranbury Township, in Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 2,181. Despite the similarity in the name of Cranbury Township and the CDP, the two are not one and the same, as had been the case for most paired Township / CDP combinations prior to the 2010 Census, in which the CDP was coextensive with a township of the same name.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 1.218 square miles (3.156 km2), including 1.199 square miles (3.106 km2) of land and 0.019 square miles (0.050 km2) of water (1.57%).
|Population sources: 2000 2010|
The 2010 United States Census counted 2,181 people, 722 households, and 571.824 families in the CDP. The population density was 1,818.5 per square mile (702.1/km2). There were 745 housing units at an average density of 621.2 per square mile (239.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 82.49% (1,799) White, 4.08% (89) Black or African American, 0.05% (1) Native American, 11.23% (245) Asian, 0.05% (1) Pacific Islander, 0.18% (4) from other races, and 1.93% (42) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.25% (49) of the population.
The 722 households accounted 44.9% with children under the age of 18 living with them; 69.3% were married couples living together; 7.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.8% were non-families. 18.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 6.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.85 and the average family size was 3.29.
In the CDP, the population age was spread out with 29.0% under the age of 18, 4.9% from 18 to 24, 16.5% from 25 to 44, 33.8% from 45 to 64, and 15.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44.7 years. For every 100 females, the population had 92.7 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 84.9 males.
As of the 2000 United States Census there were 2,008 people, 703 households, and 534 families living in the CDP. The population density was 625.2/km² (1,621.6/mi²). There were 728 housing units at an average density of 226.7/km² (587.9/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 88.35% White, 1.89% African American, 8.12% Asian, 0.20% from other races, and 1.44% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.49% of the population.
There were 703 households out of which 45.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 69.4% were married couples living together, 5.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.9% were non-families. 20.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.79 and the average family size was 3.27.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 30.9% under the age of 18, 2.4% from 18 to 24, 30.1% from 25 to 44, 23.3% from 45 to 64, and 13.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females, there were 91.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.2 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $104,444, and the median income for a family was $129,877. Males had a median income of $95,316 versus $44,500 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $51,095. About 1.1% of families and 2.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.0% of those under age 18 and 1.4% of those age 65 or over.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cranbury Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed November 28, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Cranbury CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed November 28, 2012.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Cranbury, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed July 26, 2012.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed November 28, 2012.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Middlesex County, New Jersey Archived 2020-02-12 at Archive.today, United States Census Bureau. Accessed November 28, 2012.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000 from the Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for Cranbury CDP, New Jersey Archived 2020-02-12 at Archive.today, United States Census Bureau. Accessed November 28, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cranbury, New Jersey.|