Crane Township, Wyandot County, Ohio
|Crane Township, Wyandot County, Ohio|
Crane Township includes wide plains used for farming
Location of Crane Township (red) in Wyandot County, next to the city of Upper Sandusky (yellow)
|• Total||39.6 sq mi (102.5 km2)|
|• Land||39.4 sq mi (102.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||837 ft (255 m)|
|• Density||187.7/sq mi (72.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087203|
Crane Township is one of the thirteen townships of Wyandot County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 7,394 people in the township, 861 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Tymochtee Township - north
- Eden Township - east
- Antrim Township - southeast
- Pitt Township - south
- Mifflin Township - southwest
- Salem Township - west
- Crawford Township - northwest corner
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Crane Township is located in Paulding County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Wyandot County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.