Crane Union High School
|Crane Union High School|
|Crane, Oregon, Harney County, 97732
|School district||Crane Union High School District|
|Number of students||98|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue & White|
|Athletics conference||OSAA High Desert League 1A-8|
|Coordinates from Geographic Names Information System|
Crane Union High School is a public high school in Crane, Oregon, United States. Because it is in a sparsely populated area, it is a boarding school that serves students from a large geographic area.
Crane Union High School is the only school in Crane Union High School District, which covered the most area in Oregon as of 2006, serving 7,500 square miles (19,000 km2). Students from the surrounding ranches attend Crane Union High School from as far away as 150 miles (240 km), staying at one of the oldest public boarding schools in the country.
- "Crane Union High School". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. May 22, 1986. Retrieved November 13, 2010.
- "Governor addresses Crane Union HS commencement ceremony". Oregon.gov. May 26, 2006. Retrieved March 24, 2007.
- As of 2008, the Klamath County School District is the largest.
- McDonald, Rachael (March 22, 2005). "Life at Oregon's Rural Boarding School". Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB). Retrieved March 24, 2007.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|