Cranfield School of Management
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2013)|
|Location||Cranfield, United Kingdom|
- 1 Campus
- 2 History
- 3 Programmes
- 4 Centre for Customised Executive Development
- 5 Rankings
- 6 International links
- 7 Alumni
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The School’s Management Information Resource Centre offers access to electronic resources and is equipped with a “Bloomberg Suite”, a series of terminals offering access to live financial services news and data on industries, markets, economic indicators, equities, bonds and derivatives. The school also has a purpose-built residential management training centre.
- 1937: an RAF airbase was set up near Cranfield village in Bedfordshire in 1937 in the build-up to the Second World War.
- 1946: the airbase became the site of a College of Aeronautics to provide education and training for aeronautical engineers. Aspects of management were a feature of Cranfield programmes from the late 1940s.
- 1953: the Work Study School, which evolved to become Cranfield School of Management, opened.
- 1964: the first Cranfield MBA programme was run.
- 1967: Cranfield School of Management was founded.
- 1969: Cranfield was awarded its Royal Charter giving it university status and the power to confer degrees under the new name of Cranfield Institute of Technology.
- 1993: Cranfield Institute of Technology changed its name to Cranfield University.
The Cranfield MBA is a full-time one-year programme beginning in September each year. The class comprises around 100 students drawn from 30 to 40 countries.
The Cranfield Executive MBA is a two-year part-time programme that starts in January each year. The programme is offered in a weekend format and has a focus on real-world learning and leadership development.
The School offers the following full-time one-year masters programmes:
- MSc in Finance and Management
- MSc in Investment Management
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Management and Economics
- MSc in Management and Corporate Sustainability
- MSc in Retail Management
- MSc in Strategic Marketing
Executive Masters programmes
The School offers the following part-time two-year masters programmes for experienced executives:
- Executive MSc in International Human Resource Management
- Executive MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Along with other schools of Cranfield University, the School of Management provides programmes for the Defence Academy, UK, which is responsible for training for members of the UK Armed Forces and Ministry of Defence Civil Servants. Relevant programmes include:
The School offers a PhD programme on both a full-time and part-time basis and an International Executive Doctorate (DBA) on a part-time basis.
General Management Programmes
Cranfield’s Centre for General Management focuses on developing the conceptual framework and practical understanding essential to work with a general management perspective. Its portfolio of executive programmes is designed to develop personal leadership effectiveness and improve long term business results, enabling managers to make the personal transitions required at key points in their careers.
Centre for Customised Executive Development
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)|
- Financial Times' Executive Education Custom Programmes Ranking 2013 – 2nd in the UK and 8th in the world.
- Financial Times' Masters in Finance Ranking 2013 – 2nd in the UK and 8th in the world.
- Financial Times' European Business School Ranking 2012 – 5th in the UK and 16th in Europe.
- Financial Times' Executive Education Open Enrolment Programmes Ranking 2013 – 3rd in the UK and 25th in the world.
- Financial Times' Global MBA ranking 2013 – 38th in the world, 11th for career progress, and 20th for value for money.
- Cranfield doctorates were rated as 'world leading' in terms of scale, resourcing and quality assurance in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) undertaken by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).
Cranfield School of Management has Memoranda of Understanding with:
- Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Virginia, USA
- China Europe International Business School, Shanghai
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India
- Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo, Brazil
- University of Chile
- Kobe University, Japan
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- IPADE, Mexico.
The School of Management has run programmes with and hosted exchange students from a number of business schools around the world including ESADE, Spain, EM Lyon, France, University of Cape Town, South Africa and University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana
The alumni body of Cranfield School of Management is an international network of professional managers from business, the professions, the public and not-for-profit sectors. Currently, the network includes more than 17,000 professional managers in over 120 countries.
- Karan Bilimoria – Founder and Chairman, Cobra Beer Ltd
- Crispin Blunt – Member of Parliament for Reigate
- Andy Bond – Former CEO, Asda
- Patrick Dunne – Former Director, 3i
- Warren East – Former CEO, ARM Holdings Ltd
- Andy Harrison – CEO, Whitbread
- John Hull – Professor of Derivatives and Risk Management at the University of Toronto
- Antony Jenkins – Group Chief Executive, Barclays
- Graham Kentsley - Entrepreneur and film producer
- Martin Lamb – Chief Executive, IMI plc
- Riz Lateef – Main presenter, BBC London News
- Charlie Mayfield – Chairman, John Lewis Partnership
- John McFarlane – Chairman, Aviva
- Lara Morgan – Founder, Company Shortcuts
- Tony Rice – CEO, Cable and Wireless Communications
- Ted Tuppen – CEO, Enterprise Inns Plc
- Sarah Willingham – letssavesomemoney.com
- "MBA Programmes". cranfieldmba.info. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "MBA Programmes". cranfieldemba.info. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Cranfield Masters in Finance and Management". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "The Cranfield MSc in Investment Management". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "The Cranfield full-time MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Cranfield Masters in Management". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "The Full-time MSc in Management and Corporate Sustainability". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Cranfield Masters in Retail Management". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "The Cranfield MSc - Strategic Marketing - Full-time". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "The Cranfield MSc - International Human Resource Management". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "The Cranfield MSc - Executive (Modular) Logistics and Supply Chain Management - Part-time". cranfieldmsc.biz. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Welcome to Cranfield School of Managements Doctoral Programmes". cranfield.ac.uk. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Alumni stats http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/p14171/About-Cranfield/Alumni
- "Karan Bilimoria - Founder of Cobra Beer". London Speaker Bureau.
- "London's Most Influential People 2008". London Evening Standard.
- "John McFarlane OBE, awarded honorary degree from Cranfield". Cranfield School of Management.