|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Shane Keating|
|Elevation||1,045 m (3,428 ft)|
|Website||Cranston Community Association|
Cranston is a master planned residential community in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. Cranston contains a wide range of single family and multi family residential as well as commercial property. It has one public elementary school and one separate board K-9 school, as well as Century Hall - a private Cranston residents recreation facility. It is bounded by Stoney Trail to the north and Fish Creek Park and the Bow River to the west and south. Its eastern boundary is Deerfoot Trail and the community of Auburn Bay and the mixed use town centre development of Seton and South Health Campus hospital. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 12 councillor.
In September 2010, the Calgary Board of Education opened Cranston Elementary School which serves K-4 students residing in Cranston. Additionally, the Calgary Catholic School District opened the Christ the King School in September 2010.
Cranston Market is a feature of the community that provides the residents of the community many different stores and services. Some of the tenants of the Market include Sobeys, Petro Canada, the Berwick Public House, Subway, Good Earth Cafe as well as many professional services such as a dentist, an optometrist and a veterinary clinic.
Directly across the street from the Market is the brand new Century Hall. This is a facility that is private and only accessible by residents of Cranston and their guests. There are multiple meeting and banquet rooms, a full size gymnasium as well as a 7-acre (28,000 m2) gated park which includes tennis courts, hockey rink, basketball courts, a playground and a waterpark. .
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2008). "2008 Civic Census Summary" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (ESRI SHAPEFILE). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- Cranston Residents Association (2010). "Century Hall Brochure". Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- Federation of Calgary Communities. "Cranston Community". Retrieved 2007-05-17.
||Fish Creek Provincial Park||McKenzie Lake
|De Winton||Municipal District of Foothills No. 31||Municipal District of Foothills No. 31|