|Traded as||LSE: CWK|
|Martin Davey, (Chairman)|
Adam Couch, (CEO)
Mark Bottomley (Group Finance Director)
Jim Brisby (Group Commercial Director)
|Revenue||£1,464.5 million (2018)|
|£88.4 million (2018)|
|£70.0 million (2018)|
Number of employees
Cranswick plc is a leading UK food producer and supplier of premium, fresh and added-value food products. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Cranswick was founded by Jim Bloom, Mike Field and twenty-one other East Riding of Yorkshire farmers producing pig feed in 1974 under the name Cranswick Mill. The company subsequently diversified into food production. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1985. In 1993 Cranswick diversified into pet products with the purchase of George Buckton and then, in 2009, sold its pet products business. The company has recently moved back to breeding and rearing its own British pigs after acquiring East Anglian Pigs Limited and livestock and assets from Dent Ltd in 2013.
Cranswick has developed through a combination of acquisitions and subsequent organic growth, enabling the company to build upon its philosophy of working with artisan producers to provide premium, market leading products to a much wider audience. The Company now serves its customers from twelve production facilities across the UK.
- 2001: Continental Fine Foods
- 2003: Cranswick plc acquires The Sandwich Factory
- 2005: Perkins Chilled Foods
- 2006: Delico, a cooked meats producer
- 2009: Bowes of Norfolk
- 2012: Kingston Foods, a cooked meats business
- 2013: East Anglian Pigs Ltd and Dent Ltd, pig rearing businesses
- 2014: Benson Park, a premium cooked poultry business
- 2016: CCL Holdings Limited and Crown Chicken Limited, a leading integrated poultry producer
- 2016: Dunbia Ballymena, a leading Northern Irish pork processing business
Cranswick produces fresh pork, gourmet sausages, cooked meat, air-dried bacon, premium cooked poultry, charcuterie, sandwiches and gourmet pastry products. The Company’s brands include Bodega, Weight Watchers, Woodall’s, Simply Sausages, Red Lion Foods and the Black Farmer. Cranswick’s core market is the UK but the company has a rapidly developing export business serving the European, US and South East Asian markets.
- "Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Cranswick PLC. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- London Stock Exchange: Case studies
- Cranswick Mill Group acquires George Buckton Thomson M&A, 29 June 1993
- Cranswick expands pig farming The Telegraph, 20 May 2014
- "Preliminary Results 2013" (PDF). Cranswick. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Greencore Announces £15m Bolt-On Acquisition In UK Food To Go - Greencore". 25 July 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- FoodManufacture.co.uk. "Greencore buys Cranswick's sandwich business". Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- Cranswick plc acquires Continental Fine Foods Thomson M&A, 30 July 2001
- "The Sandwich Factory". Food Chain Magazine. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Cranswick buys division of Perkins Foods The Grocer, 21 December 2004
- Cranswick buys cooked meats producer Delico for £17.9m Europe Intelligence Wire, 2 November 2006
- Cranswick snaps up Bowes of Norfolk The Grocer, 6 April 2009
- Cranswick profits from 'quick service' trade The Telegraph, 3 July 2012
- Cranswick snaps up East Anglian Pigs Meat Info, 30 April 2013
- Cranswick gobbles up Yorkshire cooked poultry product firm City A.M., 24 October 2014
- "UK sausage maker Cranswick buys Crown Chicken for £40m". FT. 11 April 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Cranswick acquires Dunbia Ballymena". Meat Management. 16 November 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- Bloomberg: Cranswick Company Profile Bloomberg, Retrieved 9 April 2015
- Financial Times: Cranswick plc Financial Times, Retrieved 9 April 2015
- Hull food firm Cranswick sets sights on Asia sales Hull Daily Mail, 8 April 2014