|Directed by||Dave Thomas|
|Voices of||Maggie Baird|
S. Scott Bullock
Arif S. Kinchen
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||39|
|Executive producer(s)||Adam Shaheen|
|Camera setup||Single Camera|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Planet Grande Pictures|
Cuppa Coffee Animation
|Original network||HBO Family|
|Picture format||480i (4:3 SDTV)|
|Original release||January 25, 1999 –|
March 27, 2000
Crashbox is a Canadian-American educational children's television show that airs on the HBO Family digital cable television channel in the United States and Asia and ran from 1999 to 2000. It aims to educate grade-school children in history, math, vocabulary, and other various subjects.
Crashbox was created by Planet Grande Pictures, (Eamon Harrington and John Watkin) and is animated by Cuppa Coffee Studios, headed by Adam Shaheen. Planet Grande Pictures engaged award-winning Cuppa Coffee Studios 7 months to complete 13 hours of programming.
The show takes place in the insides of a game computer where green game cartridges (which are sculpted out of clay) are created and loaded by rusty robots. Each half-hour episode consists of at least seven 2-to-5-minute educational games.
The following games appear in this show:
- Distraction News - Newswoman Dora Smarmy (voiced by Mari Weiss) will tell the viewers about certain things as the viewers work to learn about them while not getting distracted.
- Sketch Pad - A beatnik (voiced by Greg Eagles) will draw pictures of some things as the viewers must solve the reason of certain things happening.
- Psycho Math - Professor Rocket (voiced by Arif S. Kinchen) gives the viewers long math problems for them to solve.
- Ear We Are - A right ear (voiced by John Watkin) and a left ear (voiced by Alan Schlaifer) help viewers identify different sounds.
- Haunted House Party - A haunted house is the setting of a house party hosted by an unseen Horrid One (voiced by John Watkin) that ghosts attend as the viewer must identify the historical "ghost of honor."
- Eddie Bull - Eddie Bull (voiced by Ritchie Montgomery) gives viewers three hints at what animal at the Walla Walla Washington Zoo ate him.
- 10 Seconds - The game's announcer (voiced by Alan Schlaifer) gives the viewers 10 seconds to guess what the word in question is doing.
- Radio Scramble - DJ Jumpin' Johnny Jumble (voiced by Peter Lurie) has the viewers unscramble a word that is the title of the song that he plays at K-ROX radio.
- Captain Bones - A pirate skeleton named Captain Bones (voiced by S. Scott Bullock) has the viewers solve math problems by having his bones form the numbers and having the viewers move one of his bones to do the correct math problem.
- Poop or Scoop - The game's announcer (voiced by Danny Wells) gives facts about animals where they must guess if they are true or false.
- Revolting Slob - A polite female narrator (voiced by Edie McClurg) uses the Revolting Slob (performed by Tom Vandenberg and Johan Vandergun, voiced by Michael McShane) by giving a three-choice answer to a question that describes what the Revolting Slob is doing. The episode ends with the other word of the final question having the Revolting Slob explode with the female narrator quoting "No slobs were harmed in the making of this game."
- Word Shake - A chef (voiced by John Watkin) cooks up two words that can be used by the viewers to form one word.
- Mug Shots - Detective Verity has the viewers look at the interrogated testimony from the photographed suspects of a crime where they must find out who is telling the truth and which of the other three are lying.
- Like Totally Paige & Sage - An unseen valley girl (voiced by Dawn Maxey) walks the viewers through the pictures of Paige and Sage where they must spot the differences in the pictures.
- Think Tank - Inside a fish tank, a Jamaican submarine captain named Captain Bob (voiced by Greg Eagles) has the viewers figure out what each of the three things that appear have in common.
- Dirty Pictures - In a museum, a maid dusts off a picture with the elderly security guard holding up cards that give the hints of the person in the picture which would also be solved by his dark room's computer called the Solutionator.
- Lens McCracken - An ace photo snoop named Lens McCracken (voiced by S. Scott Bullock) develops pictures from a case he is working on in a puzzle way that the viewers must solve.
- Riddlesnake - An unseen Raj (voiced by Veena Bidasha) reads the riddles from the Riddlesnake that the viewers must solve.
Near the end, the robots will do "Crashbox Rewind" where they review most of the games to the viewers.
|Title||Airdate||Game 1||Game 2||Game 3||Game 4||Game 5||Game 6||Game 7||Game 8 (Occasionally)|
|"Episode 1"||January 25, 1999||Distraction News||Sketch Pad||Psycho Math||Ear We Are||Haunted House Party||Eddie Bull||10 Seconds (2nds)||Riddle Snake|
|"Episode 2"||February 1, 1999||Radio Scramble||Captain Bones||Poop or Scoop||10 Seconds (2nds)||Haunted House Party||Revolting Slob||Word Shake||n/a|
|"Episode 3"||February 8, 1999||Mug Shots||Distraction News||Psycho Math||Ear We Are||Like Totally Paige & Sage||Eddie Bull||10 Seconds (2nds)||Riddle Snake|
|"Episode 4"||February 15, 1999||Poop or Scoop||Captain Bones||Distraction News||Like Totally Paige & Sage||Think Tank||Dirty Pictures||Lens McCracken||n/a|
|"Episode 5"||February 22, 1999||Haunted House Party||Revolting Slob||Think Tank||Poop or Scoop||Ear We Are||Psycho Math||10 Seconds (2nds)||n/a|
|"Episode 6"||March 1, 1999||Radio Scramble||Eddie Bull||Captain Bones||Sketch Pad||Mug Shots||Think Tank||Ear We Are||n/a|
|"Episode 7"||March 8, 1999||Lens McCracken||Captain Bones||Revolting Slob||Dirty Pictures||Sketch Pad||Poop or Scoop||10 Seconds (2nds)||n/a|
|"Episode 8"||March 15, 1999||Lens McCracken||Distraction News||Sketch Pad||Dirty Pictures||Eddie Bull||Psycho Math||Riddle Snake||10 Seconds (2nds)|
|"Episode 9"||March 22, 1999||Radio Scramble||Distraction News||Psycho Math||Dirty Pictures||Lens McCracken||Eddie Bull||Ear We Are||n/a|
|"Episode 10"||March 29, 1999||Radio Scramble||Eddie Bull||Sketch Pad||Like Totally Paige & Sage||Haunted House Party||Psycho Math||Lens McCracken||Riddle Snake|
|"Episode 11"||April 5, 1999||Mug Shots||Sketch Pad||Psycho Math||Dirty Pictures||Distraction News||Riddle Snake||Word Shake||n/a|
|"Episode 12"||April 12, 1999||Revolting Slob||Think Tank||Poop or Scoop||Riddle Snake||Psycho Math||Like Totally Paige & Sage||Lens McCracken||n/a|
|"Episode 13"||April 19, 1999||Revolting Slob||Think Tank||Poop or Scoop||Ear We Are||Psycho Math||Dirty Pictures||Lens McCracken||n/a|
|"Episode 14"||April 26, 1999||Revolting Slob||Think Tank||Poop or Scoop||Riddle Snake||Psycho Math||Dirty Pictures||Like Totally Paige & Sage||n/a|
|"Episode 15"||May 3, 1999||Captain Bones||Distraction News||Haunted House Party||Radio Scramble||Riddle Snake||Eddie Bull||Lens McCracken||Like Totally Paige & Sage|
|"Episode 16"||May 10, 1999||Captain Bones||Distraction News||Mug Shots||Ear We Are||Poop or Scoop||Like Totally Paige & Sage||Riddle Snake||n/a|
|"Episode 17"||May 17, 1999||Radio Scramble||Revolting Slob||Poop or Scoop||10 Seconds (2nds)||Captain Bones||Haunted House Party||Like Totally Paige & Sage||n/a|
|"Episode 18"||May 24, 1999||Think Tank||Distraction News||Radio Scramble||Haunted House Party||Poop or Scoop||Captain Bones||Lens McCracken||n/a|
|"Episode 19"||May 31, 1999||Think Tank||Mug Shots||Captain Bones||Like Totally Paige & Sage||Eddie Bull||Word Shake||Riddle Snake||n/a|
|"Episode 20"||June 7, 1999||Radio Scramble||Mug Shots||Sketch Pad||Psycho Math||Haunted House Party||10 Seconds (2nds)||Word Shake||n/a|
|"Episode 21"||June 14, 1999||Eddie Bull||Radio Scramble||Dirty Pictures||Mug Shots||Ear We Are||Psycho Math||Word Shake||n/a|
|"Episode 22"||June 21, 1999||Haunted House Party||Sketch Pad||Radio Scramble||Revolting Slob||Riddle Snake||Eddie Bull||Word Shake||n/a|
|"Episode 23"||June 28, 1999||Mug Shots||Word Shake||Haunted House Party||Lens McCracken||Poop or Scoop||Captain Bones||Riddle Snake||n/a|
|"Episode 24"||July 5, 1999||Radio Scramble||Sketch Pad||Eddie Bull||Word Shake||Captain Bones||Dirty Pictures||Lens McCracken||n/a|
|"Episode 25"||July 12, 1999||Haunted House Party||Think Tank||Ear We Are||Mug Shots||Poop or Scoop||Word Shake||Riddle Snake||n/a|
|"Episode 26"||July 19, 1999||Revolting Slob||Haunted House Party||Eddie Bull||Captain Bones||Radio Scramble||10 Seconds (2nds)||Lens McCracken||n/a|
|Title||Airdate||Game 1||Game 2||Game 3||Game 4||Game 5||Game 6||Game 7||Game 8 (Occasionally)|
|"Episode 27"||January 3, 2000||Revolting Slob||Distraction News||Psycho Math||10 Seconds (2nds)||Sketch Pad||Poop or Scoop||Haunted House Party||Riddle Snake|
|"Episode 28"||January 10, 2000||Distraction News||Psycho Math||Mug Shots||Think Tank||Captain Bones||Dirty Pictures||Radio Scramble||n/a|
|"Episode 29"||January 17, 2000||Mug Shots||Revolting Slob||Sketch Pad||Psycho Math||Haunted House Party||Poop or Scoop||Riddle Snake||n/a|
|"Episode 30"||January 24, 2000||Revolting Slob||Captain Bones||Sketch Pad||Poop or Scoop||Haunted House Party||Radio Scramble||10 Seconds (2nds)||n/a|
|"Episode 31"||January 31, 2000||Distraction News||Revolting Slob||Psycho Math||Eddie Bull||Think Tank||Dirty Pictures||Mug Shots||10 Seconds (2nds)|
|"Episode 32"||February 7, 2000||Distraction News||Captain Bones||Revolting Slob||Poop or Scoop||Sketch Pad||Haunted House Party||10 Seconds (2nds)|
|"Episode 33"||February 14, 2000||Haunted House Party||Mug Shots||Eddie Bull||Think Tank||Psycho Math||Radio Scramble||Riddle Snake||n/a|
|"Episode 34"||February 21, 2000||Haunted House Party||Captain Bones||Mug Shots||Distraction News||Eddie Bull||Psycho Math||10 Seconds (2nds)||n/a|
|"Episode 35"||February 28, 2000||Revolting Slob||Poop or Scoop||Distraction News||Captain Bones||Dirty Pictures||Radio Scramble||Riddle Snake||n/a|
|"Episode 36"||March 6, 2000||Mug Shots||Sketch Pad||Radio Scramble||Dirty Pictures||Psycho Math||Poop or Scoop||Riddle Snake||n/a|
|"Episode 37"||March 13, 2000||Mug Shots||Revolting Slob||Captain Bones||Distraction News||Eddie Bull||Think Tank||Dirty Pictures||Riddle Snake|
|"Episode 38"||March 20, 2000||Mug Shots||Psycho Math||Sketch Pad||Radio Scramble||Haunted House Party||Eddie Bull||10 Seconds (2nds)||n/a|
|"Episode 39"||March 27, 2000||Revolting Slob||Haunted House Party||Poop or Scoop||Distraction News||Captain Bones||Sketch Pad||Think Tank||n/a|
- Carlos Alazraqui - Assorted Haunted House Party Guests
- Maggie Baird - Detective Verity, Woman in Haunted House Party, Elenor Roosevelt
- Dee Bradley Baker - Assorted Haunted House Party Guests, Noseless Calhoun
- Veena Bidasha - Riddlesnake Raj, Ivana Flipova, Cleopatra
- S. Scott Bullock - Captain Bones, Lens McCracken, Julius Cesar, Irv Goldberg
- Greg Eagles - Captain Bob, Sketch Pad, Jackie Robinson, various Mug Shots suspects
- Arif S. Kinchen - Professor Rocket
- Peter Lurie - Jumpin' Johnny Jumble, Green Robot, Roger Hammerstein
- Dawn Maxey - Valley Girl Voice in Paige and Sage
- Edie McClurg - Female Polite Voice in Revolting Slob
- Michael Montgomery - The Revolting Slob
- Ritchie Montgomery - Eddie Bull, Checkers LaRue, Babyface McGurie
- Alan Schlaifer - Ten Seconds Announcer, Ghost in Haunted House Party, Left Ear, Iddy Pitts, Gilbert Sullivan, Muscles Stankowski
- John Watkin - Horrid One, Right Ear, Word Shake Chef, Dr. Cleanpick, Mellon Ball Jones, Stu Rumpitz
- Mari Weiss - Dora Smarmy, Viola Hardcase, Puddin Lemon
- Danny Wells - Poop or Scoop Announcer
- Richard Katz, "HBO in Family way with heavy push of new fare", Variety, September 9, 1998.
- Lynne Heffley, "HBO Launches Spinoff With Pair of Excellent Kids' Shows", Los Angeles Times, January 25, 1999.
- Eichhorn, P: "Cuppa Coffee brews up a special blend of animation Take One Magazine, Summer, 1999, No. 24