|Directed by||Dave Thomas|
|Country of origin||Canada
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Executive producer(s)||Adam Shaheen
|Camera setup||Single Camera|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Grace D. Wild Interactive Development (S1 only)|
|Original network||HBO Family|
|Original release||February 1, 1999 – April 1, 2000|
Crashbox is a Canadian-American educational children's television game show that airs on the HBO Family digital cable television channel in the United States. It aims to educate grade-school children in history, math, vocabulary, and other various subjects.
The show takes place in the insides of a game computer where green game cartridges (which are sculpted out of clay) are created and loaded by rusty robots. Each half-hour episode consists of at least seven 2-to-5-minute educational games. Near the end, the robots will do "Crashbox Rewind" where they review most of the games to the viewers.
Crashbox was one of the cornerstone programs for the relaunch of the HBO Family channel in February 1999. The series has never been released on DVD or VHS, but remains on HBO Family to this day.
Crashbox was created by Planet Grande Pictures, ( Eamon Harrington and John Watkin) and is animated by Cuppa Coffee Studios, headed by Adam Shaheen. Planet Grande Pictures engaged award-winning Cuppa Coffee Studios 7 months to complete 13 hours of programming.
- Carlos Alazraqui - Assorted Haunted House Party Guests
- Maggie Baird - Detective Verity
- Dee Bradley Baker - Assorted Haunted House Party Guests, Noseless Calhoun
- Veena Bidasha - Riddlesnake Raj, Ivana Flipova, Cleopatra
- S. Scott Bullock - Captain Bones, Lens McCracken
- Greg Eagles - Captain Bob, Sketch Pad, various Mug Shots suspects
- Arif S. Kinchen - Professor Rocket
- Peter Lurie - Jumpin' Johnny Jumble/Green Robot
- Dawn Maxey - Valley Girl Voice in Paige and Sage
- Edie McClurg - Female Polite Voice in Revolting Slob
- Mike McShane - The Revolting Slob
- Ritchie Montgomery - Eddie Bull, Checkers LaRue
- Alan Schlaifer - Ten Seconds Announcer, Butler in Haunted House Party, Left Ear
- Jerry Stiller - Host
- John Watkin - Horrid One, Right Ear, Word Shake Chef, Dr. Cleanpick
- Mari Weiss - Dora Smarmy
- Danny Wells - Poop or Scoop Announcer
- Crashbox at TV.com
- Crashbox and Cuppa Coffee article in TAKE ONE
- Crashbox at the Internet Movie Database
- Richard Katz, "HBO in Family way with heavy push of new fare", Variety, September 9, 1998.
- Lynne Heffley, "HBO Launches Spinoff With Pair of Excellent Kids' Shows", Los Angeles Times, February 1, 1999.
- Eichhorn, P: "Cuppa Coffee brews up a special blend of animation Take One Magazine, Summer, 1999, No. 24