CraveOnline Media, LLC is a male lifestyle website based in Los Angeles with sales offices in New York City, Chicago and San Francisco. The site is owned by media company Evolve Media, LLC. CraveOnline focuses its contents into the male-lifestyle audience. It owns a dozen websites and has partnered with many more, producing various content for each site.
CraveOnline.com was launched in late 2004 by the online media company AtomicOnline, the publishing division of Evolve Media, LLC. Currently CraveOnline.com produces more than 500 pieces of original content a month across all of the properties it owns, including entertainment news, movie and gaming guides, entertainment videos. It also maintains a network of male centric sites (ComingSoon.net, Spiked Humor, Sherdog, ActionTrip, WrestleZone, Hockey's Future, HoopsVibe, DrinksMixer, and others) that have been acquired by Atomic Online.
CraveOnline's main website was relaunched in April 2009, prior to that the site was redesigned in April 2007. As of 2009, CraveOnline is ranked and listed in the top 10,000 websites according to Alexa and in the top 5,000 according to Compete. It has several regular editorial features including the MMA opinion column, Pound for Pound, TGIM (Thank God it’s Monday), Next Gen News, The Hip-Hop Mix, Idiot Box, The Hollywood Roundup, Best of the Web, and New to Blu-ray. In addition, the site features monthly guides in the Movie, Comics and Gaming sections that feature trailers and release info. CraveOnline also features original video shows (The Punching Show, Crave Soundcheck, Taco the Town) as well as shows produced by other sites. The website was again re-launched in February 2013.
In 2011, CraveOnline partnered with Oscar De La Hoya's and Golden Boy's Ring TV Magazine to relaunch the digital version and website for the magazine. CraveOnline helps create much of the editorial for the site, which is a featured content partner for Yahoo! Sports - Boxing. Additionally, CraveOnline has partnered with various personalities such as Bruce Buffer to power his official website.
CraveOnline was cited in the 2009 book The Man's Book: The Essential Guide for the Modern Man by Thomas Fink as a top website for men. Regarding Crave Online, AskMen.com said, "CraveOnline.com combines entertainment and other interests in one place. Great articles, nice pictures and other cool stuff that you won't want to miss."
Owned or associated websites
- Film and TV: ComingSoon.net (launched on August 27, 1998), DVD File, Films N Movies, SuperHeroHype.com, ShockTillYouDrop.com, Shockya, The Movie Insider, TV Series Finale.
- Gaming: ActionTrip, CheatHappens, Games N Trailers, Game Revolution, GamerNode, Gematsu, MMOABC, NextGenUpdate, Operation Sports, PlayStation LifeStyle, PSP 3D, RPGamer, VG Releases, XBox360 Achievements, Zelda Informer.
- Sports: HockeysFuture.com, Hoopsvibe.com, Sherdog, WrestleZone.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". Web.archive.org. 2004-10-01. Archived from the original on October 1, 2004. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- Joseph Weisenthal. "Men's Site CraveOnline acquires WrestleZone.com".
- David Kaplan (2008-05-05). "CraveOnline Buys Two Hockey Fan Sites; Keeps Craving For More". paidContent. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- David Kaplan (2008-03-26). "Men's Entertainment Aggregator CraveOnline Acquires HoopsVibe". paidContent. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "MediaPost Publications Crave Online's New Web Site Includes Sponsorships 04/03/2009". Mediapost.com. 2009-04-03. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "Craveonline.com". Alexa. 2003-01-22. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "Site Profile for craveonline.com (rank #2,226) | Compete". Siteanalytics.compete.com. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- Satterfield, Lem. "Boxing News and Features at the Official Web site of The Ring Magazine". Ringtv.craveonline.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "BufferZone: The Official Voice of MMA". Bufferzone.craveonline.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- Thomas Fink. The Man's Book: The Essential Guide for the Modern Man. Little, Brown, 2009. ISBN 0316033642.
- Lightstone, Miranda. "CraveOnline.com". AskMen. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- CBS News
- "ComingSoon.net Turns 15!". ComingSoon.net. August 27, 2013. Retrieved August 28, 2013.