Crawford Adventist Academy
|Crawford Adventist Academy|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Seventh-day Adventist Church|
|Grades||9 - 12 Academy|
|Accreditation||Adventist Accrediting Association|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Crawford Adventist Academy is a K– grade 12 Adventist private day-school in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The campus is the home to the 1000+ member Willowdale Adventist Church, an Adventist Book Centre, and is located at North York General Hospital,Branson Site. Formerly owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Crawford maintains three campuses – the main school in the north part of Toronto, and a second K–6 campus called Crawford East and a campus in Peel Region. Crawford has over 700 students overall.
Crawford Adventist Academy Toronto Campus is the centrepiece of the Toronto Adventist District School Board (TADSB), which also runs the third school called Peel Adventist School. The TADSB is under the jurisdiction of the Ontario Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
Crawford Adventist Academy (CAA) first began in 1953 when it located in a church ----at the corner of Church Street and Yonge street. It was called Willowdale SDA church school at that time. It became Toronto Junior Academy when it moved to the 555 Finch Avenue Campus. ---- It grew from Toronto Junior Academy to Crawford Adventist Academy and has provided a full grade 12 program since the early 1980s . From that time it has been considered one of the Seventh-day Adventist Church's major educational endeavours in Canada.
The Seventh-day Adventist educational system is the second-largest Christian school system in the world, after the Roman Catholic system (see Catholic school). It has a total of 7,598 educational institutions operating in over 100 countries around the world with over 1.5 million students world-wide. The denominationally-based school system began in the 1870s. The church supports holistic education: "Mental, physical, social, and spiritual health, intellectual growth, and service to humanity form a core of values that are essential aspects of the Adventist education philosophy." The Journal of Adventist Education (JAE) is published.
Crawford Adventist Academy offers religious education along with the prescribed Ontario curriculum.
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada
- International Registry for Accreditation, Retrieved June 2, 2010.
- Graham, M. (1981). "Help Us Grow: Crawford Adventist Academy" (PDF). Canadian Adventist Messenger. Oshawa, ON: Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada. 50 (14): 4. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- Black, Debra. "Private schools in search of excellence". Toronto Star: C1. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- Toronto Adventist District School Board
- Seventh-day Adventist Ontario Conference Office of Education
- Photo of Crawford Adventist Academy