Crawford Township, Coshocton County, Ohio
|Crawford Township, Coshocton County, Ohio|
A red Mail Pouch barn on Ohio State Route 93
Location of Crawford Township in Coshocton County
|• Total||25.5 sq mi (66.0 km2)|
|• Land||25.5 sq mi (66.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||73/sq mi (28.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085914|
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Clark Township, Holmes County - north
- Bucks Township, Tuscarawas County - east
- Adams Township - southeast corner
- White Eyes Township - south
- Keene Township - southwest corner
- Mill Creek Township - west
- Mechanic Township, Holmes County - northwest corner
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Crawford Township is located in Wyandot County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Crawford township, Coshocton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- Hunt, William Ellis (1876). Historical Collections of Coshocton County, Ohio. R. Clarke & Company. p. 3.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. A. A. Graham. p. 487.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.