|Platform(s)||Windows, MacOS, Nintendo DS, iOS, Wii|
Crazy Machines is a puzzle computer game created by German studio FAKT Software GmbH. Crazy Machines based many of its ideas on The Incredible Machine series of games. The player is given a set of mechanical components to construct a Rube Goldberg-style or Heath Robinson-style intricate machine to solve a goal and advance to the next puzzle in the game.
In the game, players build imaginative machines that turn cranks, rotate gears, pull levers, and more to build a unique contraption. The player can solve more than 200 challenging puzzles and experiment with gears, robots, explosives, and more in a virtual lab. The game uses a physics engine to simulate various in-game variables such as air pressure, electricity, gravity, and particle effects.
- Schiffler, A. New Game Physics: Added Value for Transdisciplinary Teams - Appendix, Crazy Machines, 11 March 2012, Ph.D. Theses, University of Plymouth, UK. Retrieved 23 Feb 2015.
- dtp entertainment AG, Crazy Machines: Award-winning physics puzzle is now available for iPhone and iPod Touch, Press Release, 23 Apr 2009. Retrieved 23 Feb 2015.
- PDF solutions for all officially released experiment packs
- Review in School Library Journal, September 2007.
- Review in Power to Learn.
- Machines is Up to the Challenge Washington Post, March 2006.