CreaTV San Jose
|Formation||June 22, 2008|
|Headquarters||255 West Julian Street, Suite 100|
San Jose, California 95110
Chief executive officer
|Chad A. Johnston (2016–present)|
CreaTV San Jose (abbreviated CRTV) is a nonprofit organization based in San Jose, California, United States, that broadcasts several public-access television channels in San Jose and the surrounding Silicon Valley area. Under federal law, CreaTV receives a share of the gross revenue of local cable franchisees Comcast and AT&T, which amounted to $1.2 million in 2009.
CreaTV was founded on June 22, 2008, to take over San Jose community television from Comcast Cable, which for at least 15 years had made their 10th Street studio available for public access. CreaTV went on the air on July 1, 2008, nine days after its founding.
- CRTV 15 Community Channel
- CRTV 28 Classrooms Channel
- CRTV 30 Silicon Valley Channel
- Baxter, Stephen (January 12, 2009). "San Jose residents plug in at new public TV studio". San Jose Mercury News. Bay Area News Group. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- "Staff". CreaTV San Jose. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Pizarro, Sal (September 7, 2016). "San Jose's Camera 12 Cinemas to close". The Mercury News. San Jose, California: Bay Area News Group. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Newman, Bruce (June 19, 2009). "San Jose's cable-access television is democratic, creative, a wee bit nutty". San Jose Mercury News. Bay Area News Group. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- "Mission". CreaTV San Jose. Retrieved July 22, 2018.