|Dates||August Bank Holiday weekend|
|Years active||1998– present|
Creamfields is a large British dance music festival featuring DJs and live acts. The first Creamfields was held at The Matterley Bowl in Winchester on May 2nd/3rd, in 1998. It has since been held annually on the August Bank Holiday weekend in Daresbury, England. The festival began as an offshoot from Liverpool's Cream nightclub. Other Creamfields festivals have been held in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Andalucía (Spain), Malta, Punchestown (Ireland), Punta del Este (Uruguay), Alcala de henares (Spain), Istanbul (Turkey), Vilnius (Lithuania), Mexico City (Mexico), Moscow (Russia), Prague (Czech Republic), Lima (Peru), Santiago (Chile), Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba, Florianopolis, Belo Horizonte (Brazil), and Wrocław (Poland). Creamfields Lisbon (Portugal) was held for the first time in May 2007. Creamfields Australia has been held annually since 2010.
- 1 Upcoming events
- 2 Past events
- 3 Other events
- 3.1 Brazil
- 3.2 Chile
- 3.3 Mexico
- 3.4 Czech Republic
- 3.5 Central Europe (CZ, SK, AT, HU)
- 3.6 Poland
- 3.7 Portugal
- 3.8 Peru
- 3.9 Republic of Ireland
- 3.10 United Arab Emirates
- 3.11 Uruguay
- 3.12 Winchester
- 3.13 Australia
- 4 Most recent
- 5 Spinoffs
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- Creamfields UK 2015
- Above & Beyond, Afrojack, Alesso, Andy C, Annie Mac, Armin Van Buuren, Avicii, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso, Blasterjaxx, Chemical Brothers, Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, Duke Dumont, Eats Everything, Fatboy Slim, Ferry Corsten, Gorgon City, Hannah Wants, Hardwell, Jamie Jones, Knife Party, Laidback Luke, Maceo Plex, Martin Garrix, Maya Jane Coles, MK, Nervo, Oliver Heldens, Paul Van Dyk, Pete Tong, Sasha, Seth Troxler, Sigma, Steve Angello, Steve Aoki, Sub Focus, The Martinez Brothers, Tiësto, Wilkinson
- Creamfields Brasil 2013: 26 de janeiro em Jurerê Internacional, Florianópolis
- Creamfields Beirut-Lebanon 6–7 September 2013
- Creamfields Buenos Aires 2013 - 9 November
- Creamfields Peru 2013 - 16 November
- Creamfields UK - Saturday 28 August
- Creamfields Buenos Aires - Saturday - 19 December 2009
- Creamfields Peru – 14 November 2009
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi - 11 December 2009
- Creamfields Andalucia, Spain - Saturday 15 August 2009
- Creamfields UK - Saturday 29 August - Sunday 30 August
- Creamfields Central Europe - 3-4, July 2009
- Creamfields Lithuania, Vilnius - 10-11, July 2009
- Creamfields Mexico – November
- Creamfields Belo Horizonte (Brazil) - November
- Creamfields Santiago (Chile) - November
- Creamfields Buenos Aires (Argentina) – 8 November
- Creamfields UK – 23 August Bank Holiday Weekend
- Creamfields Poland - 16 August
- Creamfields Andalusia (Spain) - 9 August
- Creamfields Romania - 2 August
- Creamfields Vigo (Galicia, Spain) - 2 August
- Creamfields Central Europe (Czech) - 12 July
- Creamfields Malta - 28 June
- Creamfields Buenos Aires, Argentina 2011
- Creamfields Bogotá, Colombia 2011
- Creamfields Peru 2011
- Creamfields BA 2011, 13 November 2011:
Creamfields Buenos Aires line-up included: David Guetta, Afrojack, Fedde Le Grand, Mercurio[disambiguation needed], bad Boy Orange, Leandro Fresco, Joris Voorn, Booka Shade, Groove Armada, Above & Beyond, Soundexile, Deep Mariano, Hernan Cattaneo, John Digweed, Danny Howells, Danny Howells, Busy P, Pete Tong, Laidback Luke, Sven Vath, Miss Kittin, Deathmind, Christopher Lawrence, Gareth Emery, Ferry Corsten, and more.
- Creamfields BA 2010, 13 November 2010: 80,000
- Creamfields BA 2009, 19 Dic 2009: 60,000
- Creamfields BA 2008, 8 November 2008: 42,000
- Creamfields BA 2007, 10 November 2007: 55,000
The Buenos Aires line-up included: The Chemical Brothers, Carl Cox, John Digweed, LCD Soundsystem, Deep Dish, Hernán Cattaneo, James Zabiela, 2 Many DJs, Deep Mariano, Rodrigo Lozano, Tiefschwarz, Craig Richards, Christian Smith, and more. The large Autódromo Oscar Alfredo Gálvez is the new venue.
- Creamfields BA 2006, 11 November 2006: 62,000
Again Buenos Aires, returned to be placed like one of the great worldwide capitals of electronic music, its sixth edition of Creamfields summoned 60 thousand people who danced more than 17 hours in an estate of 13 hectares of park with presentations of Underworld, Sasha, Erick Morillo, Tiga, Hernán Cattáneo, Sander Kleinenberg, Dave Clarke, X-Press 2, Layo & Bushwacka!, Nic Fanciulli, M.A.N.D.Y., Silicone Soul, Martin Garcia, 2020 Soundsystem, Zuker, Paul Woolford and others.
- Creamfields BA 2005, 12 November 2005: 60,000
Creamfields Buenos Aires hit a new record, the 60,000 people that attended to the fifth edition of one of the largest electronic music festivals of the world enjoyed more than 100 artists among DJs, producers and groups, distributed through 10 different spaces –between tents and Main Stage. The Prodigy, Audio Bullys, Infusion and local Zuker XP were the outstanding acts of the Main Stage, which was closed by Paul Oakenfold. Danny Howells, Hernán Cattáneo, 2 Many DJs, David Guetta, Kevin Saunderson, James Holden, DJ Vibe and Ivan Smagghe had also taken part of this extraordinary artistic proposal. In Buenos Aires, 2005 headliners were The Prodigy, Paul Oakenfold, Danny Tenaglia, David Guetta, Audio Bullys, Hernan Cattaneo.
- Creamfields BA 2004, 13 November 2004: 55,000
Forth Creamfields Buenos Aires edition turned out into one of the biggest event of the year: more than 55,000 people attended, surpassing both previous editions. With more than 13 hectares surrounded by trees alongside the river, the old "Ciudad Deportiva de La Boca", located in Costanera Sur (Puerto Madero), was the perfect framework for this 16 hours festival. The line up consisted of more than 90 artists –locals and internationals– which included Groove Armada, Paul Oakenfold, Deep Dish, Erick Morillo, Darren Emerson, Hernán Cattáneo, Steve Lawler, Plump DJs y Dave Angel, among many others.
- Creamfields BA 2003, 11 November 2003: 35,000
Creamfields Buenos Aires 2003 reached a new record. With sold out tickets, more than 35 thousand people attended to the magnanimous festival. The incorporation of an area set for the most alternative sounds of electronic music gained a huge acceptance in this third Creamfields Buenos Aires edition. Layo & Bushwacka!, Sander Kleinenberg, Danny Howells, Junkie XL (live), Hernán Cattáneo, Audio Bullys, Babasónicos, Josh Wink, Scratch Perverts, DJ Marky, Catupecu Machu 5.1 and Infusion (live) were some of the prestigious artists that have taken part of the artistic proposal.
- Creamfields BA 2002, 23 November 2002: 24,000
For this second consecutive edition, the location chosen was a property of around 80,000 m2 located in Puerto Madero, a beautiful place alongside the river. The recreative areas were extended and optimized. Another tent was added – with a 7,000-person capacity – and a wide chill-out area, with river sight. 24,000 people attended this 16-hour festival and enjoyed international artists such as Frankie Knuckles, Timo Maas, Satoshi Tomiie, Nick Warren, Sister Bliss (Faithless), Medicine 8, Pete Tong and Hernán Cattáneo and locals Zuker, Romina Cohn and Carlos Alfonsín, among others.
- Creamfields BA 2001, 10 November 2001: 18,000
Buenos Aires became the launching platform of the English festival for the whole rest of the world (after 2 editions at Ireland). With success of five editions on its back, Creamfields has become a popular festival. 18 thousand people attended to the first edition of Creamfields Buenos Aires. The place was a property based in San Isidro, a beautiful residential area in the city suburbs. More than 30 international artists including Paul Oakenfold, Dave Seaman, Howie B, Justin Robertson, Layo & Bushwacka! and Way Out West were part of the festival.
- Creamfields UK 2013, 23–25 August 2013
As in 2012, the festival is billed to run for three days and three silent discos will open on Friday 23 August, starring, among others, Deniz Koyu, Duke Dumont and T. Williams. Saturday sees Avicii take to the South Stage alongside other artists such as Knife Party and Nicky Romero. Meanwhile, The Prodigy will take to the North Stage in their only UK performance of 2013, alongside others such as Madeon. The other stages will feature artists such as Eric Prydz, Annie Mac and Baauer. On Sunday, David Guetta will headline the South Stage, alongside Afrojack, while Tiësto will take to the North Stage alongside Hardwell and Tommy Trash. Other stages will feature artists including: Sebastian Ingrosso, Armand van Helden and Sub Focus.
- Creamfields UK 2012, 24–26 August 2012
In 2012, Creamfields being offered as a three day festival package, with three silent disco stages open on Friday 24 August and featuring acts such as Brookes Brothers and Kissy Sellout Saturday saw David Guetta return to the North Stage with acts such as Example, Afrojack and Nicky Romero, whilst Avicii and Sebastian Ingrosso headlined the South Stage with house producers Alesso and Norman Doray. The Cream, in association with Mixmag, tent featured trance superstars Above & Beyond, following their recent Group Therapy UK tour, along with a set of familiar big names in trance such as Gareth Emery, Markus Schulz, BBC Radio 1 DJ Judge Jules and Mat Zo. Sunday was due to see Deadmau5 headline the South Stage, along with Calvin Harris. Whilst the Clublife stage would have seen trance DJ, Tiesto along with Swedish House Mafia star, Axwell, Dirty South and Dutch DJ Hardwell. The Cream tent was billed to be headlined by Paul van Dyk and Ferry Corsten. Other acts scheduled to be involved over the weekend included Laidback Luke, Skrillex, Steve Angello, Sander Van Doorn, Pete Tong and Maya Jane Coles. However, due to severe weather conditions much of the festival site suffered from flooding, and the organisers therefore cancelled the final day of the event.
- Creamfields UK 2011, 27–29 August 2011:
- Creamfields UK 2010, 28–30 August 2010:
- Creamfields UK 2009, 29–30 August 2009: 66,000
- Creamfields UK 2008, 23–24 August 2008: 65,000
The 2008 UK headliners on Saturday were Fatboy Slim, Paul van Dyk and Pendulum. The Sunday headliners were Kasabian and Tiësto.
The 2008 UK festival was also the first to run over 2 days including camping, BBC Radio 1 also celebrated the 10th anniversary.
- Creamfields UK 2005, 27 August 2005: 45,000
- Creamfields UK 2004, 28 August 2004: 35,000
- Creamfields UK 2001, 25 August 2001: 50,000
- Creamfields UK 2000, 26 August 2000: 40,000
- Creamfields UK 1999, 28 August 1999: ?
- Creamfields Andalucia 2012, 10 & 11 August. Headliners: Tiesto, Orbital, Knife Party, Chemical Brothers
- Creamfields Andalucia 2011, 13 & 14 August. Headliners: Richie Hawtin, 2manydjs, The Prodigy, Armin Van Buuren
- Creamfields Andalucia 2010, 14 August. Headliners: David Guetta, Orbital, 2manydjs, john digweed
- Creamfields Andalucia 2009, 15 August. Headliners: Tiesto, Deadmau5, Jeff Mills, 2manydjs
- Creamfields Andalucía 2008, 9 August: 30.000 Headliners: Sven Vath, Carl Craig, Groove Armada, Chemical Brothers
- Creamfields Andalucía 2007, 11 August: 40.000 Headliners: The Prodigy, Derik May, Basement Jaxx, Josh Wink, Luciano
- Creamfields Andalucía 2006, 12 August: 35.000 Headliners: Carl Cox, The Pet shop boys, Ficherspooner, Jeff Mills
- Creamfields Andalucía 2005, 13 August: 32.000 Headliners: The Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Carl Cox, Goldfrapp, Deep Dish
- Creamfields Andalucía 2004, 14 August: 23.000 Headliners: Massive Attack, Fatboy Slim, Erik Morillo, Paul Oakenfold
- Creamfields Curitiba 2006: ?
- Creamfields Curitiba 2005: 13.000
- Creamfields Curitiba 2004: 10.000
- Creamfields Belo Horizonte 2007: ?
- Creamfields Belo Horizonte 2006: ?
Rio de Janeiro
- Creamfields Rio de Janeiro 2007: 8.000
- Creamfields Rio de Janeiro 2006: ?
- Creamfields Brasil 2011: 15.000
- Creamfields Brasil 2012: 17.000
- Creamfields Brasil 2013: ?
- Creamfields Santiago 2011: 12.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2010: 12.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2009: 10.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2008: 10.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2007: 7.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2006: 8.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2005: 17.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2004: 12.000
- Creamfields Mexico City 2006: ?
- Creamfields Mexico City 2005: ?
- Creamfields Mexico City 2004: 35,000 people. Headliner: Massive Attack
- Creamfields Central Europe 2008 (12 July 2008), Airfield Břeclav (CZ)
- Creamfields CZ 2007: not
- Creamfields CZ 2006: not
- Creamfields CZ 2005: not
- Creamfields CZ 2004 (6 August 2004), Airfield Roudnice nad Labem: 30.000 capacity, 8,000 people. Headliner: Public Enemy
- Creamfields CZ 2003 (8 August 2003), Airfield Roudnice nad Labem: 30.000 capacity, 15,000 people. Headliner: Massive Attack
- Creamfields CZ 2002 (9 August 2002), Airfield Roudnice nad Labem (CZ) 2002: 20.000 capacity, 22,000 people (the biggest dance event in Czech Republic so far). Headliner: Underworld
Central Europe (CZ, SK, AT, HU)
(Single festival for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary)
- Creamfields CE 2008 (12.7.2008), Airfield Břeclav (CZ). Headliners: Sasha & Digweed, Ferry Corsten
- Creamfields PL 2008 (16 August 2008), Aifield Raków, Wrocław. Headliners: Pendulum Live, Sasha & Digweed, Vitalic.
- Creamfields PL 2007 (7 July 2007), Aifield Raków, Wrocław. Headliners: Prodigy, Vitalic.
- Creamfields PL 2006 (1 July 2006), Aifield Miroslawice, Wrocław: 18,000 people. Headliners: Paul van Dyk, Kosheen, Audio Bullys, Bob Sinclar, Deep Dish, Dave Clarke, Richie Hawtin, Mauro Picotto, Roni Size.
- Creamfields PL 2005: ?
- Creamfields PL 2004: ?
- Creamfields PL 2003, Kolobrzeg: 15,000 people
- Creamfields Lisboa 2007: 45.000
- Creamfields Peru 2007: 11.000
- Creamfields Peru 2008: 14.000
- Creamfields Peru 2009: 17.000
- Creamfields Peru 2010: Fundo Mamacona
- Creamfields Peru 2011: Fundo Mamacona
- Creamfields Peru 2012: Fundo Mamacona
- Creamfields Peru 2013: Fundo Mamacona
- Creamfields Peru 2014: Fundo Mamacona
Republic of Ireland
- Creamfields Punchestown 2002: ?
United Arab Emirates
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi, 11 December 2007, headlining acts: Deadmau5, Calvin Harris, Underworld and Sasha
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi, 10 December 2008, headlining acts: David Guetta, Dizzie Rascal, and Afrojack
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi, 8 & 9 December 2009, headlining acts: Deadmau5, Magnetic Man, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Laidback Luke, Katy B, John Digweed, Marcus Schulz, Tinie Tempah, ItaloBoyz, Vybzz Live and more...
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi, 7 December 2012, Headlining Acts : David Guetta and Armin van Buuren
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi, 13 December 2013, headlining acts: The Prodigy and Calvin Harris. Supporting acts: Disclosure, Above & Beyond.
Punta del Este
- Creamfields Punta Del Este 2008: 7.000 - (100° Aniversario de Punta del Este) (Creamfields Punta del Este’s edition opens Creamfields’ 10th Anniversary Year)
- Creamfields UK 1998, 2 May 1998: 40,000
2009 UK headliners included Basement Jaxx, Deadmau5, Friendly Fires and Tiesto Only in its second year as a camping event, the festival was a huge success, with rave reviews from many music festival websites.
2006 UK headliners were The Prodigy, Goldfrapp, The Zutons and Gnarls Barkley In 2006 the event date was 26 August. However it changed its location from Liverpool Speke, to a new venue at Daresbury Estate in Cheshire. This new site in Daresbury, near Runcorn is 25 mins drive from the old site back in Speke. There were 8 arenas. Including the mainstage, there were appearances from Timo Maas, Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Eddie Halliwell, Tiësto, Erick Morillo, Harry Choo Choo Romero, Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso. The Chibuku arena hosted, 2 Many DJs, Felix Da Housecat, Green Velvet, a MYLO DJ set, Tiga, Plump DJs, and Annie Mac. DJ Shadow, BK Live and Tidy Boys also appeared. Creamfields continues to be one of the UK's most popular Dance Festivals on the calendar.
In November 2007 and 2008, Creamfields Peru was held in Lima.
Summer 08 - 28 June: Creamfields Malta
Dubai December 2009 & 2010
- The spinoff album Creamfields by Paul Oakenfold was nominated for a Grammy.
- Creamfields: Mixed by Ferry Corsten was another spinoff.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Creamfields.|
- Official site
- Creamfields 2012 UK details on ChooseFest
- Milkmeadow, an unofficial iPhone app for the UK Creamfields festival
- Official ticket outlet
- Official Facebook profile