|Industry||Publishing, Book publishing|
|Predecessor||BookSurge Inc.; CustomFlix Labs Inc.|
|Founded||July 14, 2000South Carolina, USin|
On-Demand Publishing, LLC, doing business as CreateSpace, is a self-publishing service owned by Amazon. The company was founded in 2000 in South Carolina as BookSurge and was acquired by Amazon in 2005.
CreateSpace publishes books containing any content at all other than just placeholder text. It neither edits nor verifies. Books are printed on demand, meaning each volume is produced in response to an actual purchase on Amazon.
In July 2018, CreateSpace announced it would be transferring media to Amazon's Media on Demand services in the following months. CreateSpace merged with Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) service later that year.
- "BOOKSURGE, LLC". OpenCorporates. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- "Amazon.com Acquires BookSurge LLC". Business Wire. 2005-04-04. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- "ON-DEMAND PUBLISHING LLC". OpenCorporates. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- Segrist, Liz (2019-02-22). "CreateSpace to lay off 58 employees". Charleston Business Journal. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- Moore, Thad (28 November 2016). "Amazon to move book-making warehouse in North Charleston, cutting 149 jobs". The Post and Courier. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- Flood, Allison (27 April 2018). "Fake books sold on Amazon could be used for money laundering". The Guardian. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- Roemeling, Alisha (12 April 2018). "Writing a Dog's Tale". Eugene Register-Guard. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- "Amazon Media on Demand: Moving from CreateSpace to Amazon Media on Demand". manufacturing.amazon.com.
- "CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing: What You Should Do Next". August 2018.
- "CreateSpace Member Agreement". kdp.amazon.com. Retrieved 2019-11-05.