|Industry||Publishing, Book publishing|
|Predecessor||BookSurge Inc.; CustomFlix Labs Inc.|
|Founded||July 14, 2000South Carolina, USin|
On-Demand Publishing, LLC, doing business as CreateSpace, is a self-publishing service owned by Amazon. The company was founded in 2000 in South Carolina as BookSurge and was acquired by Amazon in 2005.
CreateSpace publishes books containing any content at all other than just placeholder text. It neither edits nor verifies. Books are printed on demand, meaning each volume is produced in response to an actual purchase on amazon.com.
In July 2018, Createspace announced it would be transferring media to Amazon's Media on Demand services in the following months. In August, it was revealed that Createspace would merge with Amazon's KDP service.
- "BOOKSURGE, LLC". opencorporates.com. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "On-Demand Publishing, LLC: Private Company Information". bloomberg.com.
- "CreateSpace to lay off 58 employees". Charleston Business Journal. 22 February 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Moore, Thad (28 November 2016). "Amazon to move book-making warehouse in North Charleston, cutting 149 jobs". Post and Courier. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Flood, Allison (27 April 2018). "Fake books sold on Amazon could be used for money laundering". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Roemeling, Alisha (12 April 2018). "Writing a Dog's Tale". Eugene Register-Guard. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|