|Headquarters||Av. Quito 2502 y Gomez Rendon;, Guayaquil, Ecuador|
|Seats in the National Assembly|
|Politics of Ecuador
Creating Opportunities (Spanish name Creando Oportunidades, CREO, the acronym also being the Spanish word for "I believe") is an Ecuadorian political movement founded in January 2012 and participated in the 2013 presidential elections with Guillermo Lasso as their candidate for president.
Generally considered a centre-right conservative outfit, CREO's candidate ran on a centrist platform: his economic development model was mainly market-oriented and favoring entrepreneurship, but also promised state support to micro-entreprises and upgrading of education. Lasso promoted an independent judiciary and free speech (the opposition and civil rights organizations consider judicial autonomy and press freedom to be threatened under the administration of President Correa).
In the 2013 presidential election, Lasso was placed second with 22.7% of the votes, having been endorsed also by the centre-right Social Christian Party and the Madera de Guerrero movement of Guayaquil's mayor Jaime Nebot. In the simultaneous election for the National Assembly, the party won 11.4% of the votes and 11 out of 137 seats. Hence, it is the major oppositional force in parliament.
- Palacio, Gustavo (12 February 2013), Ecuador: An Election Primer, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Profiles: Ecuador's leading presidential candidates, Xinhua, 17 February 2013
- Glickhouse, Rachel (15 February 2013), In Ecuador, an Expected Third-Term Win for Correa, Americas Society – Council of the Americas
- Beittel, June S. (July 2013), "Ecuador: Political and Economic Conditions and U.S. Relations" (PDF), CRS Report for Congress (Congressional Research Service): 3
- Terryn, Tristan (26 February 2013), In Ecuador, a decisive victory for President Rafael Correa consolidates the 'Citizen's Revolution' (PDF), Policy Department, Directorate-General for External Policies, p. 1
- CNE habilitó Movimiento CREO
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Creando Oportunidades.|
|This article about an Ecuadorian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|