Creation Is Crucifixion
|Creation Is Crucifixion|
|Also known as||Chapter|
|Origin||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Years active||1997–present (on hold)|
|Labels||Willowtip, Hactivist Media, Robotic Empire|
|Past members||Scott Mellinger
Creation Is Crucifixion is a mathcore band that was formed in early 1997 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The band was known for its complicated sound, which varied from ambient noise to more complex pieces. Their lyrical themes often dealt with technology and various functions of society, such as politics and religion.
The members of the band formed Hactivist Media in 2001 to release the recordings and experiments of the group. This signaled a step in the band's evolution as the group became increasingly political with the release of their Child as Audience CD in 2001, which featured a large booklet printed in multiple languages that theorized using technology as subversion (focusing on the reprogramming of children's video games). The band also experimented with various formats by releasing compositions on 3.5" discs through the organization.
- Paul Nowoczynski - guitar (original member)
- Nathan Martin - vocals (original member)
- Michael Laughlin - drums (original member, former member of Cattle Decapitation)
- Chad Schlegel - bass guitar
- Ryan Unks - guitar
- Scott Mellinger - guitar (current member of Zao)
- Adam MacGregor - guitar (current member of Conelrad, Brown Angel and Microwaves)
- Mike Williams (Yellow Hair Strong) - bass guitar
- Nathan Berlinguette - bass guitar
- Todd Ladner - bass guitar
- Karl Hlavinka – guitar (Racetraitor and Kill the Slave Master)
- Descent from Heaven 7" (2 song, self-released, 1998)
- Dethrone or Devour 7" (King of Monsters Records, 1998)
- split 7" with Suicide Nation (Cyberdine243 Records, 1999)
- split 7" with Fate of Icarus (Willowtip Records, 1999)
- split 7" with Unruh (Willowtip Records, 1999)
- split 7" with Suicide Nation (repress, Hactivist Media 2001)
- Automata 12"/ CD (Willowtip Records, 1999)
- Rerecording of the Vinyl Songs (Willowtip Records, 2000)
- Child as Audience CD (Hactivist Media, 2001)
- In_Silico CD (King of Monsters Records, 1998), LP (Cyberdine243 Records, 1998)
- In_Silico CD/LP (Repress, Scorched Earth Policy Records, 2000)
Odd Format Releases
- Floppy Noize Series Disk One 3.5" Floppy Disc (Hactivist Media, 2001)
- UUM Floppy Noize Series Disk Two 3.5" Floppy Disc (Hactivist Media, 2001)
- Kill Net Art 3" mini CD (Limited to 100 copies, Hactivist Media, 2001)
- UUM Laboratory Series 1 3" mini CD (Ltd to 100 copies, Hactivist Media, 2001)
- Destructivist CD (Hactivist Media, 2001)
- Radio Bronka CDr (Hactivist Media, 2002)
- "Creation Is Crucifixion - Critical Art Ensemble - Carbon Defense League - Child As Audience - Where Technology And Anarchy Fuck..." Discogs. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Exclaim! Music". Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Album review: Zao – The Fear is What Keeps Us Here". Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Metal Blade Records". www.metalblade.com. Retrieved November 5, 2017.