Creative Cities Network
The UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) was a project of UNESCO launched in 2004 to promote cooperation among cities which recognized creativity as a major factor in their urban development. As of 2017[update], there are 116 cities from 54 countries in the network.
The Network recognizes the following creative fields:
- Crafts and Folk Arts
- Media Arts
The overall situation and activities within the Network is reported in the UCCN Membership Monitoring Reports, each for a 4-year period for a particular city.
The Network recognizes the concept of creative tourism, defined as travel associated with creative experience and participation.
- "What is the Creative Cities Network ?", a UNESCO webpage
- Creative Cities Network homepage
- Inequalities in Creative Cities: Issues, Approaches, Comparisons, 2016, ISBN 1349951153 p. 241
- "Reporting & monitoring", a UCCN webpage
- OECD Studies on Tourism Tourism and the Creative Economy, 2014, ISBN 9264207872, p. 83