Creature in China
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Indie pop, pop rock, dance-punk|
|Years active||2004 – present|
Universal Music Canada
Universal Music France
|Associated acts||PEZ, Me Mom & Morgentaler|
|Past members||Gina Simmons
The band formed in 2004 and names themselves "Pawel Czuraj" and released a debut album No Sleep At All on March 3, 2008. The following year, No Sleep At All became a nominee in the "Pop Album of The Year" category at the Juno Awards of 2009.
The band's sound incorporates elements of hip hop, dance-punk and new wave music. All the band's members contribute vocals to the music, which adds to the constant boy-girl dialogue in the songs.
In 2009, the band was invited to perform at the Montreal Jazz Festival, the Transmit Live showcase in Vancouver, the Transmit China showcase, they also played the El Evento 40 event at Estadio Azteca, a showcase presented by Los 40 principales and the FMTU Monterrey Music Festival both in Mexico and in France they performed at the Solidays festival. In August No Sleep At All was released in Mexico on Universal Music Mexico. They also played in New York City where they caught the attention of Blondie who said they were “completely unheralded in any way and fantastic”.
In early 2010, No Sleep At All was released in France on Universal Music France where they were previously invited to perform on Taratata. Creature also did charity work for War Child, by playing to collect money at Montreal metro station, Berri-UQAM.
The single "Who's hot who's not" was used in a commercial for BE magazine featuring Paris Hilton and "Pop Culture" was used in a television commercial for Telus and in an episode of the Food Network Canada cooking show Chuck's Day Off.
- Kim Ho: vocals, guitar
- Lisa Ivvy: keyboard, vocals, percussion
- Sid-Z (Sid Zanforlin): drums, vocals
- Sheenah Ko: bass, vocals
- 2008 - "Pop Culture"
- 2009 - "Who's Hot Who's Not"
- 2011 - "So High"
- Vee, Nika (February 2008). "Creature/No Sleep Till...". Nightlife Magazine. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Our Lady Peace
- Dunlevy, T'Cha (January 2008). "Mika brings crowd to its feet.". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- Cooper, Ryan (March 2007). "SXSW 2007 Spotlight: Creature.". About.com Guide to Punk Music. Retrieved 2007-03-16.
- Rock in China
- "Biography on Bonsound"
- Harper, Kate (March 2010). "Amy Millan, Simple Plan's Sebastien Lefebvre, Winter Gloves Busking For Change In Montreal". CHARTattack. Retrieved 2008-03-01.
-  War Child
- "Biography on Bonsound"
- Bottenberg, Rupert (January 2005). "Enter stage right: The first days of local quartet Creature". Montreal Mirror. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Bey, Kindah Mardam. "Creature - No Sleep At All: CD Review". A 'n' E Vibe. Retrieved 2008-07-17.