Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
|Industry||Finance and Insurance|
|Founded||May 1, 2004|
|Jean-Paul Chifflet (Chairman)
Jean-Yves Hocher (CEO)
Paul de Leusse, Deputy CEO
Régis Monfront, Deputy CEO
Jacques Prost, Deputy CEO
Number of employees
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (Crédit Agricole CIB, formerly Calyon) is Crédit Agricole's corporate and investment banking entity. With a staff of 9500 employees in 32 countries, Crédit Agricole CIB is active in a broad range of capital markets, investment banking and financing activities. Clients are primarily corporates, governments, and banks, with a small footprint in the investor segment.
- 1 History
- 2 The bank's commitments
- 3 Business Lines
- 4 Notable Events
- 5 Corporate Governance
- 6 See also
- 7 References
Calyon was created in May 2004 by the transfer of assets from Crédit Lyonnais' Corporate and Investment Banking division to Crédit Agricole Indosuez (CAI), which had been created in 1996 with the purchase of Banque Indosuez by Crédit Agricole.
The division was rebranded Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank (CACIB) in Feb 2010.
The bank's commitments
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
Crédit Agricole CIB is committed as far as Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is concerned. One example is FReD, a Crédit Agricole S.A program to enhance CSR: action plans cover environmental aspects (recycling, biodiversity…), employee-related projects (background and gender equality, handicap) and customer-related issues (fight against fraud, protection of personal data …). These plans are monitored by progress indicators.
Since 2009 Crédit Agricole CIB has been a patron of the musée du quai Branly and since 2010 of the Théâtre du Châtelet. For several years, Crédit Agricole CIB has participated in the Financial Community Telethon, an event which takes place in December as part of the National Telethon.
Its activities are arranged into two major divisions, Capital Markets & Investment Banking Division and Financing Division.
Air transportation and rail, shipping, real estate, natural resources, infrastructure and power, energy, acquisition finance, transactional commodity finance, tax based leases.
In France and worldwide, Crédit Agricole CIB advises clients on top-half of the balance sheet transactions and specialised financing.
- Sales and trading activities on the primary and secondary markets (foreign exchange, credit, government rates, securitisation and treasury).
- Debt Optimisation and Distribution strategy. An approach created in 2012 with the new Distribute-to-Originate model, Debt Optimisation and Distribution originates, structures and arranges syndicated and bilateral medium-term and long-term loans for corporates and financial institutions.
- Won awards for primary issuance in the Euro-denominated bond markets. Ranked 5 in 2011 and ranked 4 in 2012 for Dealogic all-Euro bond issuance (across all asset classes).
Commercial Banking and Trade
Commercial banking services non-financial companies and financial institutions: non-structured financings, guarantees and sureties, export and trade finance, cash management and liability management.
In 2011, Crédit Agricole CIB announced the closing of equity derivatives and commodities.
In September 2007, a Crédit Agricole CIB New York trader lost the firm €250M (US$320M). He had taken unusual positions beyond authorization and delegation. He was fired, as well as five other salaried employees from the firm's New York branch.
Financial Crisis (needs expansion)
As of 6 February 2010, Calyon changed its name to Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (Crédit Agricole CIB).
 Jean-Yves HOCHER, Chief Executive Officer
Paul de LEUSSE, Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Régis MONFRONT, Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Jacques PROST, Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Thierry SIMON, Client Coverage, International network, Commercial Banking and Trade
Régis MONFRONT (Interim), Global Investment Banking
Jacques de VILLAINES, Structured Finance
Thomas GADENNE, Fixed Income Markets
Jean-François BALAY, Debt Optimisation and Distribution
Daniel PUYO, Risk and Permanent Control
Frédéric MERON, Finance
Frédéric COUDREAU, Global Operations
Pierre DULON, Global IT
Ivana BONNET, Human Resources
Catherine DUVAUD, Compliance
Bertrand HUGONET, Corporate Secretary
The Management Committee has 100 members, including Executive Committee members.
- Activity report 2012 - http://interactif.ca-cib.com/fr/rai-2012/
- Credit Agricole CIB:International network
- FRED - http://www.credit-agricole.com/en/Committed-and-responsible/FReD-an-original-CSR-approach
- Musée du Quai Branly - http://www.quaibranly.fr/en/support-the-museum-privatise/patronage/corporate-patrons/credit-agricole-cib.html
- Téléthon - http://www.telethondelacommunautefinanciere.com/Credit-Agricole-CIB-chef-de-file_a24.html
- LeMonde.fr (in french)
- BBC (in english)
- Bank website (via "News")