Credit Union 1 (Alaska)
One For All
|Founded||1952(Anchorage Teachers Federal Credit Union)|
|Anchorage, Fairbanks, Eagle River, Kodiak, Ketchikan, Soldotna, and Nome|
|Paul Yang, President/CEO|
|Products||Savings; checking; Consumer loan; Mortgages; Credit Cards|
|US$3.50 Million (2016)|
|Total assets||US$992 Million (2016)|
Number of employees
Credit Union 1 is a not-for-profit credit union based in Anchorage, Alaska. Its service area spans the entire state, and anyone who lives or works in Alaska is eligible to join. As of December 31, 2016, the credit union had $992M in assets, over 85,000 members, and 14 branches throughout Alaska.
Credit Union 1 is Alaska's second largest financial cooperative and is the only credit union chartered with the State of Alaska. Credit Union 1 is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), up to $250,000 per account.
Credit Union 1 was established as Anchorage Teachers Federal Credit Union in 1952. Its original base of membership was personnel and dependents of the Anchorage Independent School District. The credit union since merged with other Alaskan credit unions such as FedAlaska, Ward Cove, and North Country Credit Union.
The credit union recently opened a branch in the Mountain View neighborhood of Anchorage, which has not had a financial institution for over 20 years. The land for the new branch was purchased from the Anchorage Community Land Trust.
In 2016, the credit union was named to The Financial Brand’s list of “Top 100 Credit Unions Using Social Media.
- . About Us Credit Union 1 website 8 March 2017.
- Movers & Shakers. Archived 2010-11-29 at the Wayback Machine. Alaska Journal of Commerce. August 12, 2007.
- "2013 Directory of Banks and Financial Institutions". Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- New neighbor: Credit union branch helps Mountain View turn corner. Anchorage Daily News. September 13, 2008.
- Jensen, Scott. Credit union in Mountain View gives hope for turnaround. KTUU. September 30, 2009.
- Top 100 Credit Unions Using Social Media. The Financial Brand. January 10, 2017.