|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Creditsafe Group is a privately owned multinational provider of on-line company credit information. Founded in 1997 the company has expanded and now has operations in nine countries across Europe and North America and claims to be the world’s most-used provider of company credit reports. Creditsafe now employs over 1,000 people and has a customer base in excess of 90,000 subscription customers worldwide.
Creditsafe was founded in 1997 in Oslo, Norway with the idea of using the then emerging technology of the internet to supply business information to a market of smaller and medium-sized businesses by selling over the telephone and delivering reports over the internet. Following the Norwegian launch Creditsafe established an office in Gothenburg Sweden in 1998 before moving to the UK in 2000. Creditsafe re-located the UK sales operation to Caerphilly in South Wales in 2002. In 2006 Creditsafe France was launched in Roubaix near Lille. Additional entities were later launched in Dublin in Ireland in 2007, The Hague in the Netherlands in 2008, Berlin, Germany in 2010, Brussels, Belgium in 2011 and Turin in Italy in 2013. Creditsafe moved outside Europe in 2012 with the founding of Creditsafe United States in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Since launching in the USA, Creditsafe have now increased its US workforce by opening a new office in Tempe, Arizona  Creditsafe established a shared service centre in Cardiff Wales in 2006 which has grown to support the sales operations around the world. In September 2016, Creditsafe set up its own operation in Japan with offices in Fukuoka and Tokyo. 
In each country in which it operates Creditsafe has a sales and customer service operation dealing with customers over the telephone and internet. Creditsafe employees over 1,000 people in its 16 offices in 10 countries it currently has just over 200,000 subscription users.
Creditsafe claims to be the world’s most-used provider of on-line company credit reports and estimates it will deliver over 110 million reports during 2016.
Products and services
Creditsafe’s core business offering is an on-line company credit report based on original source public and private data which is brought together to give information on a company and an assessment of its creditworthiness. Creditsafe provides a credit rating and suggested credit limit in all its reports.
Creditsafe reports are accessed via Creditsafe’s own websites over the internet by most of its customers however increasing large volume customers purchase solutions that either integrate into their own accounting software or use one of Creditsafe’s own integrated services such as Creditsafe 3D.
Creditsafe combines data from all its operating countries in its reports in an attempt to provide full international details on companies that operate in more than one country or who have other international linkages.
Creditsafe recognises the need to maintain a lively and engaged workplace for its employees many of whom work in telesales or customer account management roles. The company regularly arranges events and took all its staff to Majorca to celebrate its 15th anniversary in 2012. In 2014 Creditsafe was recognised as one of the UKs “Top 100 Companies to work for” for the 5th year running.
- “Creditsafe Launches Sales Joe” - http://www2.creditsafeuk.com/resources/latest-news/creditsafe-launches-sales-joe/
- "Creditsafe Group". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Creditsafe USA to create 250 jobs in South Whitehall" - http://southwhitehall.patch.com/groups/business-news/p/creditsafe-usa-to-create-250-jobs-in-south-whitehall
- "Creditsafe opens office in Tempe; plans to hire 150" - http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2014/11/18/creditsafe-opens-office-in-tempe-plans-to-hire-150.html
- "Creditsafe Launches Sales Joe" - http://www2.creditsafeuk.com/resources/latest-news/creditsafe-launches-sales-joe/
- “Creditsafe - About Us Presentation” - http://www.creditsafe.com/media/662974/creditsafe-introduction-presentation.pptx
- "Creditsafe to fly 500 staff to Majorca for anniversary" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18833335
- "The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies" - http://features.thesundaytimes.co.uk/public/best100companies/live/template
- Creditsafe Group companies grouped at OpenCorporates