Creedence Clearwater Couto
|Full name||Creedence Clearwater Couto|
|Date of birth||6 March 1979|
|Place of birth||Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)|
|2002–2003||→ Guarani (loan)||?||(?)|
|2004||→ Brasiliense (loan)||?||(?)|
|2005||→ Figueirense (loan)||?||(?)|
|2005||→ Lierse (loan)||12||(0)|
|2006||→ Marília (loan)||?||(?)|
|2006||→ Volta Redonda (loan)||?||(?)|
|2007||→ Santa Cruz (loan)||?||(?)|
|2008||→ Madureira (loan)||?||(?)|
|2008||→ Comercial (São Paulo) (loan)||?||(?)|
|2009||→ Sertãozinho (loan)||?||(?)|
|2011–||Santa Cruz (Rio Grande do Sul)||?||(?)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 November 2010.
Creedence Clearwater Couto (born March 6, 1979), commonly known as Paulista (for simplicity), is a Brazilian association footballer who plays as a striker for Santa Cruz in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul.
A journeyman, he has spent the majority of his career in the lower reaches of Brazilian football apart from one loan spell at Lierse of Belgium's Pro League in 2005. He also had an unsuccessful trial at Stabæk of Norway in 2006.
He is perhaps best known for his unusual name, which has featured in many articles on extravagant sporting birth names. His parents were big fans of the American rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival and decided to adopt this name for their son.
- Stabæk Fotball > frontpage
- The most unusual footballer names ever - Guardian Unlimited Football
- Midfield Dynamo Football Site
- "I see a bad name rising, I see Creedence Clearwater Couto on the way". Scotsman.com. 2003-09-28. Retrieved 2011-03-01.