Creedence Clearwater Revisited
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Creedence Clearwater Revisited|
Creedence Clearwater Revisited in 2016
|Associated acts||Creedence Clearwater Revival|
Creedence Clearwater Revisited is an American rock band formed in 1995 by two former members of Creedence Clearwater Revival – Stu Cook (bass) and Doug "Cosmo" Clifford (drums). It is known for playing the music of Creedence Clearwater Revival.
John Fogerty, another former member of Creedence Clearwater Revival who had exercised artistic control over the earlier band and had written all of its most popular original songs, tried to stop the newer "Revisited" band from using its name – saying the name would confuse the public into thinking it was a continuation of the earlier "Revival" band. The suit was ultimately unsuccessful. (The fourth member of Creedence Clearwater Revival, Tom Fogerty, had died in 1990 before the new band was formed.)
The band was formed in 1995 with Cook saying, "We never really had any intention of playing for the public, but a friend wanted to promote a couple of concerts. We got talked into it, but didn't know how it would go over."
A 1997 legal injunction by John Fogerty forced the group to change its name to "Cosmo's Factory", a name it had earlier considered, but the courts later ruled in Cook's and Clifford's favor. In 1998, the band released Recollection, composed of live cover versions of Creedence Clearwater Revival songs.
The band has toured North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Asia. As of 2016, Creedence Clearwater Revisited was on its second headlining tour of the U.S.
- Current members
- Doug "Cosmo" Clifford – drums, percussion
- Stu Cook – electric bass, backing vocals
- Kurt Griffey – lead guitar (who also performs in World Classic Rockers)
- Steve "The Captain" Gunner – guitar, harmonica, keyboards, backing vocals
- John "Bulldog" Tristao – lead vocals, guitar (formerly of the band People!)
- Former members
- Elliot Easton – guitar (who has also performed with The Cars and The New Cars)
- Tal Morris – guitar (who has also performed with Sons of Champlin and Huey Lewis and the News and both studied and taught at the Blue Bear School of Music)
- Recollection (1998) – A two-disc live album
- The Best of Creedence Clearwater Revisited (20th Century Masters – The Millennium Collection) (2006) – Live Album
- JDRF Hope for the Holidays (2009) – Run, Rudolph, Run
- Extended Versions (2010) – Live album
- JDRF More Hope for the Holidays (2010) – Run, Rudolph, Run
|This article on a rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|